Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Question on liners and Bumbles...

(6 Posts)
mumtosp Thu 02-May-13 11:49:40

Hi all,

We use the Bumbles nappy for my 6mo DS. Till now we never used the insert that came with the Bumbles nappy - the Nappy Lady website says that we should start using the insert from 6 months, but we seem to be doing OK without it.
Can someone please let me know when, if ever you started using the Bumbles inserts ??

Also, do you use a liner overnight?? We use paper liners but never overnight as I don't want a wet paper next to DS's skin for 12 hours! But this morning DS did a massive poo as soon as he got up and since there wasn't any liner in the nappy it got very messy ! (sorry tmi)
So what are your experiences with using a paper liner overnight?

Thanks ! smile

Kelbells Thu 02-May-13 18:26:12

I've not used bumbles myself but if they're working fine I'd wait until he's outpeeing them too quickly before adding the extra insert?

Re liners - have you thought about using a fleece liner? I just chop up a super cheap fleece blanket - then if you have to throw away a particularly nasty one its just pennies worth thrown, having said that my DS is 6 months and I've not had to, up until the last few months bf poo just washed out and now it's more solid weaning poo it just gets flicked into the loo and the liner is washed... Hth! grin

Kelbells Thu 02-May-13 18:27:30

Last few weeks*

mumtosp Fri 03-May-13 20:38:53

Thanks Kelbells !
I'll wait for the nappy to leak and hen use the inserts...

As for the fleece liners, since the inner layer of the Bumbles is already made of fleece, the Nappy Lady asked me not to use a fleece liner - something about 2 layers of fleece not being able to absorb the pee confused

So I have to stick with the paper liners...

mumtosp Fri 03-May-13 20:39:22

*then

NappyHappy Fri 03-May-13 21:22:14

Hi, I use Bimbles with inserts and paper liners overnight grin

I've always used the insert on 8m ds2 and 19m ds3 since I got them a few months ago. The paper liners seem fine against their skin and have to boost ds3's Bimble as that gets out pee'd!

Hmm, could you smear bottom in Vaseline so the we repels?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now