This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

desperate to try cloth!!!

(16 Posts)
vickit1409 Fri 19-Apr-13 22:07:56

hiya mums! really really want to switch to cloth!! but there are no council incentives in my area or cloth libraries sad i dont drive and am a single mum so money is extremely tight so cant afford the buy new start up costs!! im always scouring feecycle, gumtree, friday ad, selling sites etc! any ideas mums on how i can start off without it costing me so much? TIA mums!! xx

peanutMD Fri 19-Apr-13 23:09:31

Hi Vicki I'm in the same boat as you no incentive or library around, have you considered terry squares with nappies and wraps?

zimmyzammyzoom Fri 19-Apr-13 23:18:34

Are you on Facebook? There's a group called pre loved cloth nappies you can join where people sell second hand nappies. Other than that it's real nappy week this week and there are lots of competition prizes being given away in a game called clothopoly. Google real nappy week to check it out. Good luck, such a shame there's no council incentive near you.

snala Fri 19-Apr-13 23:25:00

Totsbots do an interest free payment plan.smile

Wolfiefan Fri 19-Apr-13 23:30:58

Where are you?

spiderbabymum Sat 20-Apr-13 09:27:07

Hi vicki lisa here ...from fb !!! look good on ya for posting here .

I've been checking and I see the response so far is not great .

could you add a few more details so that the mums know what your after ??? OBV I can't promise anything but nothing to loose eh .
( I suppose I just felt your request needs to be more direct ....something like preloved nappies wanted ) . Please give us an idea initially as to the following :
How old is your child ?
have you tried cloth yet ?
Do you have a preference in terms of style ...ie two part , flat nappies , all in ones ?
What part of the country are you in ?
Any change you are in glasgow ...there's a shop hear called merry go round that sells used clothes and cloth nappies

Also TrY mothercare .......I was in one recently where they had old stock ..bambino mios ...a starter cox of maybe 12 ,.....down from 45 quid ...to 20 . I still thought it was too much so they said ok 16 then .......I mean they were almost sayin make me an offer .

So worth maybe a phonecall ...???

spiderbabymum Sat 20-Apr-13 09:32:35

Vicki , hope you don't mind ....have just started another thread entitled NAPPY Stash Wanted ...with a link to your thread . Fingers crossed

Wolfiefan Sat 20-Apr-13 09:36:22

I have a pile of bambino mio nappies but don't know where you are OP.

amistillsexy Sat 20-Apr-13 09:45:57

I have enough cloth nappies for 3 babies...I know, cos I had 3 boys using them at once! They are unusual nappies...organic wool, finely knitted to make a nappy that you wrap round and tie. Made by disana if you want to google. The wraps I used were a mixture of fleece and (nice) plasticcy ones. The nappies are very cute looking. I also.have a few little lambs, and some fleece all on ones I think. They are in two big packing boxes in storage. They were put in clean,but might be musty :-(
I'm in west Yorkshire so if any ones near, pm.me and we'll arrange things.

spiderbabymum Sat 20-Apr-13 09:51:44

Woo Woo Woo

RESULT !!!!!! Mon the wonderful mumsnet mums .

I'm feelin all teary now !!

Come back vicki . Where are you . There's good news for you .!!!!!

amistillsexy Sat 20-Apr-13 22:18:22

Bump...no takers yet!

amistillsexy Sat 20-Apr-13 22:23:09

these
are the nappies I have, with flannel liners. I didn't buy the woollen wraps, because you need to use lanolin on them to waterproof them, and I'm allergic to lanolin, so I bought a variety of different wraps.

vickit1409 Mon 22-Apr-13 22:12:32

hiya im sorry ive had a couple of busy days!!! havent been online much sorry mums!! im in east sussex (newhaven) my little boy is 9months old and i have never tried cloth before so am pretty much willing to try anything!! how much are you thinking of selling them for ladies? thank you for the responses!! xxx

amistillsexy Tue 23-Apr-13 13:45:40

I will get the Big Box of Nappies out of storage at the weekend, give them a wash and a blow on the line, and catalogue everything grin
Then I'll post what there is available and people can take their pick.

vickit1409 Tue 23-Apr-13 14:26:28

That would be great ^ smile xxx

snala Wed 24-Apr-13 18:35:57

I have some mio solos that I'm going to sell. £4 each ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now