This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Tots bots or bum genius?

(11 Posts)
PeppaPigStinks Thu 18-Apr-13 22:37:19

Title says it all really.
Have seen some at a nappucino and DH likes the look of all in ones but wants to get them now.

We need to decide between tots bots easy fits or the bum genius all in ones! Please can you help me see the wood for the trees?!?

Thanks

MakeHayNotStraw Thu 18-Apr-13 22:43:13

We never got on with tots bots, so I would go with BG every time. Reliable and easy. It does depend on the child though to a certain extent, so maybe a mixture if you can stretch to it?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 18-Apr-13 22:45:46

Bum Genius definitely, although I have been unfaithful recently and have become rather enamoured with Choose Pop Ins.

DoingTheSwanThing Thu 18-Apr-13 22:55:25

Tots bots for me any day, they just fit better on my two. Horses for courses and all that.
I'd discourage anyone from buying a large number of any nappy initially, really difficult to predict which you'll get on with IME. Couple of each and see which you prefer?

DoingTheSwanThing Thu 18-Apr-13 22:56:06

Second pop ins, especially for nights.

stargirl1701 Thu 18-Apr-13 23:15:17

I really loved the Tots Bots prints and thought that's what I would buy. I hired the 'trial kit' from the local authority and found they didn't fit DD well at all. The BG is a much better fit on her. They don't have many nice prints though hmm

rrreow Fri 19-Apr-13 13:41:26

Try both before you decide (get 2 or 3 of each). BG come up quite short so probably won't see you through to potty training if you have a tall DC. TotsBots didn't work for us either because of DSs shape. Whether these nappies work for you will really depend on your DCs shape!

midori1999 Fri 19-Apr-13 16:11:10

I've just ordered a bum genius free time all in one to try and a couple of tots bots bamboozle stretchies with a mother ease wrap after filling in a recommendation form on The Nappy Lady site. I think the bum genius elemental (new one) may suit is better as an all in one, but it's not out yet. I hadn't even looked at the bamboozle as I wanted an all in one, but actually I think I'll prefer that as it seems to fit our requirements well, although ideally I'd like them to be quicker drying.

I'd suggest filling in The Nappy Lady form, or ring her to discuds, she is unbelievably helpful and knowledgable too.

spiderbabymum Sat 20-Apr-13 10:16:17

Isn't the bumgenius elemental available on the nappy lady site . I've seen it there

midori1999 Sat 20-Apr-13 16:10:05

It's on there but for pre order only. I'm not sure when they'll actually be available for delivery and didn't ask. The freetime has arrived this morning and I've only tried it on quickly before pre washing, but I really like it so far, in terms of fit.

PeppaPigStinks Sun 21-Apr-13 11:00:42

Thank you very much. I've ordered some freestyle and have tots bots - eeek!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now