This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Do cloth nappies make a difference with mobility like rolling over, sitting?

(10 Posts)
edwardsmum11 Thu 18-Apr-13 07:40:30

Nope, not in my experience.

newtonupontheheath Wed 17-Apr-13 21:05:34

I thought this when my dd was about 5 months. She was really struggling to roll! Turns out, she was just... Really struggling to roll!! She managed it a similar time as other babies I know of her age and like previous poster says (I can't check who as am on phone!) the big bum helps with sitting as it is making her more balanced.

Can't say about walking but my ds walked at 10months so hoping she holds out for as long as possible grin for my sanity's sake!

mercibucket Tue 16-Apr-13 16:30:50

Nah, if anything it is like body building, carrying that extra weight around!
Mine walked at
9 months
10 months
And
14 months
All had cloth nappies

mercibucket Tue 16-Apr-13 16:30:49

Nah, if anything it is like body building, carrying that extra weight around!
Mine walked at
9 months
10 months
And
14 months
All had cloth nappies

Xiaoxiong Tue 16-Apr-13 15:00:32

I actually think the bigger cloth bum helped my DS sit up sooner as he had more of a broad stable surface to sit on.

He certainly never seemed to mind sitting down hard on his bum when in cloth compared to when he had a disposable on as well.

could well be my imagination though

AnitaBlake Tue 16-Apr-13 13:08:48

Well so far my cloth-bummed one is 4-5weeks ahead of her sposied big sister, so I'd have to say no lol.

grin I'm aware that sounded lecturey - for which I apologise. My tone sometimes doesn't translate properly onto the screen!

spekulatius Tue 16-Apr-13 12:43:13

True!

Cloth nappies were the norm for hundreds of years. People still walked. And rolled over. No one over the age of about 40-odd is likely to have been in disposables and you don't see loads of deformed adults, do you?

Really, don't worry.

spekulatius Tue 16-Apr-13 12:22:38

That's my question really. DD is 5 months old, nappies seem huge on her. I also struggle to hold her comfortably on the hip. Is this normal or am I delaying her in her development?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now