Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

No more huggies nappies...what to buy now?

(38 Posts)
sarahloula Thu 04-Apr-13 20:08:43

I'm not sure how I've missed this but I have only just realised that Huggins nappies are going out of circulation. I am not a fan of pampers as they don't seem to fit dd (nearly 2) all that well. Any recommendations for a huggies alternative?

TipolaRuth Sat 01-Feb-14 10:09:10

I know this is late but you can still get Huggies in the UK (I bought some yesterday!) You can get them at Costco Wholesale but you'll have to become a member.

robertgowan Thu 26-Sep-13 17:40:35

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

robertgowan Thu 26-Sep-13 17:39:37

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

robertgowan Thu 26-Sep-13 17:39:18

PseudoBadger Fri 16-Aug-13 09:51:27

They are still doing wipes, swim nappies and pull up things.

Beveridge Wed 14-Aug-13 23:35:05

Am hugely concerned this will mean the end of huggies baby wipes too? Disaster. They are just the right thickness and just wet enough to clean bums properly - do I need to stockpile?!

evus28 Wed 14-Aug-13 23:28:29

Just got the one from Lidl and I have to say that I was in tears. The back and the side of the nappies were full of very tiny bits of very hard glue that scratched my little one badly. Since then I have been running my finger all over them from inside and eventually I binned the whole pack as the front of them was just too hard.... Sad that Huggies are finishing as there were the best.

AMPhotography Tue 25-Jun-13 12:25:29

I am so sad what HUGGIES no more in storessad PAMPERS is proper RIP of!!! This new thing with indecator o it, i can see the purpose of it as it showing FULL after every 15min, they make them so small and plus too all they was giving my 1st child rush.

TheFutureMrsB Mon 13-May-13 22:58:22

Tesco & Asda nappies are great, not been a fan of Huggies this time round although they were all I used on my second son as they were the only ones that didn't irritate his skin.

We have a pack of Aldi nappies at the moment and they are not very good for bedtime (IMO) they just seem to leak terrible so using them in the day and sticking to Tesco in the night!

Savoytruffle Mon 13-May-13 22:45:56

I was a bit gutted as the huggies super dry help shift dd's nappy rash so quickly.
I have tried pampers dry type nappies- didnt like, not elasticated at waist, very chemical smelling and made dd sweaty and rashy.
Ive settled on the sainsburys own brand dry nappy which i think is near as dammit the same design as huggies. Two big packs for a tenner at the mo too!

Steffanoid Tue 07-May-13 18:24:02

there are a couple of home bargains shops near us who are selling them off relatively cheap, have managed to stock up on them despite some of my nearest and dearest telling me they're crap and not accepting when I say it's a personal choice, ho hum, I shall continue to make my choices and be glad I've stocked up

CharlieUniformNovemberTango Wed 01-May-13 11:11:54

We used all the supermarket own ones and never had a problem with any of them. Mostly used Asda as it was closer and they were great.

Not sure I could justify the ebay/amazon prices just to stick with a brand name if others did a decent enough job. Try them out.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Wed 01-May-13 11:01:22

They're still on amazon, they've only pulled out of the uk market I think so you may be lucky on there. I use pampers for ds at night they're the only ones that don't give him nappy rash, for dc3 due in July I'm going to try the naty ones and if not will go for pampers next.

MERLYPUSS Wed 01-May-13 10:18:21

Ebay have some

QueenofClean Wed 01-May-13 08:54:19

I use Sainsbury's or Aldi's and they fit well and don't leak and cheaper than pampers.

Popps2905 Wed 01-May-13 08:49:23

Asda's little ones have always been fantastic for my two. They fit perfectly and there haven't been any leakages yet.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Tue 23-Apr-13 22:46:17

Lidl ones are brilliant. mn introduced me a few weeks ago and we had a serious bout of diarrhoea. which they contended with faultlessly and at half the price of pampers

Jojay Tue 23-Apr-13 22:45:29

I think I'm the only person on the planet who thinks that all disposable nappies are pretty much the same.

I've had 4 kids in the last 6 years so nappy changing features highly in my list of time consuming activities, but I can't say that there's a huge difference between any of them, and I've tried them all over the years.

Just buy whatever is cheapest OP grin

Gumgardener321 Tue 23-Apr-13 22:41:04

Are the supermarket own brands good over night. Currently using huggies & pampers for my DS &find they have leaked after 4-5 hours

Onesliceortwo Sat 13-Apr-13 21:59:43

Aldi, asda, tesco, sainsbury ...... have tried them all - and all work really well - no one better than any other! DD is allergic (amazingly!) to the 'expensive' ingredient in Huggies & Pampers. Used NATY and cloth for a very long time to let her poor inflamed bottom settle down. Unfortunately couldn't afford to keep using the NATY ones unless on offer so investigated the supermarkets - haven't looked back!
..... FWIW .... didn't ever try the 'value' ones - just used the 'own brand'. Hope that's helpful.

melliebobs Sat 13-Apr-13 21:51:29

Naty nappies r the only disposables that don't give dd burn like nappy rash. They r amazingsmile

issypiggle Sat 13-Apr-13 03:49:17

sainsburys

Eskarina Sat 13-Apr-13 03:02:56

I've switched to Lidl for dd's night time nappy. Do scour around for some last stocks of Huggies though. I got some in home bargains last week and stocked up.

scarlet5tyger Sun 07-Apr-13 22:23:02

Aldi gave one of my FC a rash, but the Lidl ones are excellent, as are Sainsburys. Would never buy Morrisons again though after every nappy in a pack leaked - and the baby had never had leaky nappies in any other brand.

milkysmum Thu 04-Apr-13 22:12:25

Aldi own brand are BRILLIANT- bought some from tesco as I was in their last week and they were bloody awful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now