Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

No more huggies nappies...what to buy now?

(38 Posts)
sarahloula Thu 04-Apr-13 20:08:43

I'm not sure how I've missed this but I have only just realised that Huggins nappies are going out of circulation. I am not a fan of pampers as they don't seem to fit dd (nearly 2) all that well. Any recommendations for a huggies alternative?

yellowhousewithareddoor Thu 04-Apr-13 20:14:39

We tried pampers but not been impressed! Just working through the box, but as well as our first ever leaks they just don't feel or fit as nicely.

Grr. We used to buy the large boxes so they worked out a similar price to supermarket ones. Really wish I'd stocked up!

showtunesgirl Thu 04-Apr-13 20:16:16

Lidl Toujours ones are excellent!

saycheeeeeese Thu 04-Apr-13 20:17:16

Second the lidls ones also asda's own brand.

Wolfiefan Thu 04-Apr-13 20:18:50

Watching with interest!

AnyaKnowIt Germany Thu 04-Apr-13 20:19:28

boots own brand

sarahloula Thu 04-Apr-13 20:23:29

Thank you all for suggestions so far. I agree pampers just don't fit right and really wish I had stocked up on huggies.

I've heard lots of positive things about Asda nappies but I'd have to make a special trip which wouldn't be practical. Currently shop at sainsburys, anyone tried their nappies?

saycheeeeeese Thu 04-Apr-13 20:26:39

Yes definitely Sainsburys too...in fact all the supermarket brands I've tried have been excellent.

Kat3L Thu 04-Apr-13 20:27:34

Aldi's are great as well. We've never had a leak, they are soft to touch unlike some own brands and we've used them since DS was about 9 mths and he's just turned two. Oh, and they can be half the price of Huggies or Pampers, not counting vouchers/special deals etc.

gemma4d Thu 04-Apr-13 20:32:28

Cloth nappies? smile

yellowhousewithareddoor Thu 04-Apr-13 22:05:45

Tried that for the first 4 months and tried to be a convert, really did, but at the end of the day think disposables are so much better (at doing the job that is. Probably not for landfill!)

invicta Thu 04-Apr-13 22:09:41

Didn't realse Huggies were ceasing. That's quite a shock. They've been around for years.

flatmum Thu 04-Apr-13 22:10:36

I've always used tesco nappies and pull ups on my 2y old and they are absolutely fine, nor perceivable difference with the ridiculously expensive junior/nature ones i used to use or, indeed, huggies. Also use boots ones too which are also fine. I find them all better than pampers which I find too plasticky and bulky and leave marks and ridges all over him.

Think the value range ones could be a false economy though as they fall apart easily.

milkysmum Thu 04-Apr-13 22:12:25

Aldi own brand are BRILLIANT- bought some from tesco as I was in their last week and they were bloody awful!

scarlet5tyger Sun 07-Apr-13 22:23:02

Aldi gave one of my FC a rash, but the Lidl ones are excellent, as are Sainsburys. Would never buy Morrisons again though after every nappy in a pack leaked - and the baby had never had leaky nappies in any other brand.

Eskarina Sat 13-Apr-13 03:02:56

I've switched to Lidl for dd's night time nappy. Do scour around for some last stocks of Huggies though. I got some in home bargains last week and stocked up.

issypiggle Sat 13-Apr-13 03:49:17

sainsburys

melliebobs Sat 13-Apr-13 21:51:29

Naty nappies r the only disposables that don't give dd burn like nappy rash. They r amazingsmile

Onesliceortwo Sat 13-Apr-13 21:59:43

Aldi, asda, tesco, sainsbury ...... have tried them all - and all work really well - no one better than any other! DD is allergic (amazingly!) to the 'expensive' ingredient in Huggies & Pampers. Used NATY and cloth for a very long time to let her poor inflamed bottom settle down. Unfortunately couldn't afford to keep using the NATY ones unless on offer so investigated the supermarkets - haven't looked back!
..... FWIW .... didn't ever try the 'value' ones - just used the 'own brand'. Hope that's helpful.

Gumgardener321 Tue 23-Apr-13 22:41:04

Are the supermarket own brands good over night. Currently using huggies & pampers for my DS &find they have leaked after 4-5 hours

Jojay Tue 23-Apr-13 22:45:29

I think I'm the only person on the planet who thinks that all disposable nappies are pretty much the same.

I've had 4 kids in the last 6 years so nappy changing features highly in my list of time consuming activities, but I can't say that there's a huge difference between any of them, and I've tried them all over the years.

Just buy whatever is cheapest OP grin

Ohhelpohnoitsa Tue 23-Apr-13 22:46:17

Lidl ones are brilliant. mn introduced me a few weeks ago and we had a serious bout of diarrhoea. which they contended with faultlessly and at half the price of pampers

Popps2905 Wed 01-May-13 08:49:23

Asda's little ones have always been fantastic for my two. They fit perfectly and there haven't been any leakages yet.

QueenofClean Wed 01-May-13 08:54:19

I use Sainsbury's or Aldi's and they fit well and don't leak and cheaper than pampers.

MERLYPUSS Wed 01-May-13 10:18:21

Ebay have some

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now