This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nappy Chat #3 - Fluff Between The Ears

(944 Posts)
PurplePidjin Wed 03-Apr-13 09:17:52

New fred brew

PurplePidjin Wed 27-Nov-13 17:47:41

One last cake to make, I'm doing the back cover of Dear Zoo for ds and his little friend's joint party on Saturday. Luckily a mate asked what he wanted so i asked her to bake the cake (she's going pro) for me to decorate grin

Crocheting ds a Christmas jumper in afghan stitch, it's fabby. Just one more sleeve and the ribbing to go

NappyHappy Sat 23-Nov-13 20:09:45

Oooh, icing wink yum. I need to get my backside baking this week at some point.

Ds2 has taken to having decent afternoon sleeps again but he tends to pass out on the sofa. Him and ds1 are very hyper ATM and driving dh mad. I'm leaving them to it, they're just playing.

Have you got any crochet projects on the go?

PurplePidjin Sat 23-Nov-13 19:05:14

Sponge sandwiched and crumb coated with pureed apricots. Means the icing can be peeled off and babies can share smile

NappyHappy Sat 23-Nov-13 18:16:06

Ahh good. Mmm, birthday cake wink Are you feeling any better?

We've just been to Aldi and we now have £10 to last til Friday! Eek! It was the same last week too. shock

PurplePidjin Sat 23-Nov-13 17:59:11

Lovely boy had a lovely birthday. We've got tea with my family tomorrow and a joint party with his little friend next Saturday smile

NappyHappy Wed 20-Nov-13 20:39:18

Oh god, thats awful sad just what you both need. Its getting worse, I hope something comes up soon sad

How was lovely boy after his birthday?

PurplePidjin Tue 19-Nov-13 16:01:20

We were sleeping through for a few days but he's been grotty and chewing his hand today so he's either going to wreck it tonight or he's overwhelmed by birthday excitement!

Not really, dp's lovely job evaporated sad not enough sales to keep him on sad

NappyHappy Tue 19-Nov-13 15:41:18

Ahh, brilliant! ds3 has been sleeping through most nights til about 5.30 so I can cope with that wink but, we now have a waking up again 2yr old! Ive just been shoving him in my bed even though he's messing about for a while it saves him waking everyone with his screaming! grin nevermind.

Are you ok?

PurplePidjin Sat 16-Nov-13 20:34:37

6-5 last night, fitteds with woolies over have done wonders for his red bum too smile

PurplePidjin Wed 13-Nov-13 13:20:05

Me too. Only one waking last night, and he didn't start the day till 5:45 which is a massive improvement

NappyHappy Wed 13-Nov-13 09:51:50

Never good sad I hope they come through quick.

PurplePidjin Tue 12-Nov-13 22:55:38

Bastard molars angry

NappyHappy Mon 11-Nov-13 23:27:46

Ive had it tonight from both smalls. shock Right shouty pants. Then suddenly they both go quiet!? Wah?

Ooh, we like sleepy dust wink

PurplePidjin Mon 11-Nov-13 13:25:08

Very pretty and yes I'm the first grin it has added sleepy dust, shame small has spent the last 10 minutes shouting at me from his cot hmm i can't make your nap any earlier, ds, or you'd be eating your lunch in your cot!

NappyHappy Fri 08-Nov-13 21:48:41

Ooh is it pretty? Yeah, soggy, slippy waterproofs are not good. The boys are slippy, Ive just my coat grin

Are you the first to use said hb?

PurplePidjin Fri 08-Nov-13 18:18:35

I like our r+rbut have borrowed the library's brand new custom half buckle just to test wink wrapping is too hard in wind and rain, not to mention the possibility of slipping while wearing waterproofs shock

NappyHappy Fri 08-Nov-13 16:07:49

Grrrr, grumble. Bloody wee's.

Somebody woke at 1.30 but I just gave him weak juice then I passes out shock

Ive seen another r&r, toddler size. I'm selling things to pay for it as the nice mama is letting me pay in instalments. I just need to sell my Ergo to part fund it wink

PurplePidjin Fri 08-Nov-13 09:15:44

I still had to change him at 4:40 then he chuntered to himself till 6 --i turned the monitor off angry

NappyHappy Thu 07-Nov-13 18:28:16

I've had to start sitting with ds2 til he falls asleep most nights lately, which isn't like him. sad

NappyHappy Thu 07-Nov-13 18:27:10

That dude sure can wee! Were you having a right good sleep too? I

PurplePidjin Thu 07-Nov-13 18:02:29

We've already lost one to user error hmm i had to go and do it

PurplePidjin Thu 07-Nov-13 17:28:49

He's getting a paper bum tonight, he sleeps through if his nappy isn't bothering him but we're changing twice a night at the moment. The disturbed sleep is starting to affect him.

NappyHappy Tue 05-Nov-13 23:49:59

Yep. Ive a feeling this isn't the end of it.

Poor R hmm hope its quick this time. Yeah, I shall post it over. Theres tubes all over and a box with the day and night stuff in, ya can 'av that like. How are the boobs getting on with the less frequent feeding?

Ds3 is turning into super wee'er, wow. His night wee's are rank too in the morning so he must be starting with more.

Well, my hoover arrived today. So gutted the other one finally packed in. It'd been in a house fire and was held together by sellotape but I refused to get a new one as it worked so well.

PurplePidjin Tue 05-Nov-13 22:44:19

Ffs, schools can be really shit with anything other than perfect little Midwich Cuckoos angry

I did all my night nappies at 60 with no powder and 2 rinses last night. I'm sick of getting up to change him! Changed at 9:30 and 11:15 last night from stinky teething wees, plus two brushes with orajel (please may i have some more?) 3oz cows milk and my first night bf in 2 months! Poor little froggydude sad he's been silent since 5:50 though so fx that tooth is finally through!

NappyHappy Tue 05-Nov-13 20:52:54

It sounds cool. wink

Well, tiddly got scared of the fireworks, ds2 loved them and ds1 was outside with me whilst I lit them. The air is going to smell lush in the morn. I had a bit of bother with one of the Mums at school today, the one whose boy was strangling pfb sad its in the hands of the head again now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now