This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nappy Chat #3 - Fluff Between The Ears

(944 Posts)
PurplePidjin Wed 03-Apr-13 09:17:52

New fred brew

LeBFG Sun 28-Apr-13 12:53:29

Yes, I use creams when neccessary and never had problems with my nappies mid. ANd I second Pidj's suggestion too. I've had some real bargins.

How exciting for you KFC - I hope all goes as well as you would like. It'll be a great learning time for you and your family at the very least!

midori1999 Mon 29-Apr-13 13:41:55

Thanks everyone. I will try a bit of sudocream if I need it then, but we seem to have been ok since then. fingers crossed!

I have been stalking the preloved Facebook pages for nappies, but you have to be so quick to get in on there, they're fast! grin I have bought a job lot of used 'cheapy' pockets which came with inserts and some fleece liners and wipes to try, which cost me less with postage than one of the weenotions nappies, so bargainous, even if I only keep them for spares.

I think I'm quite attached to my bamboozles really, they seem bombproof, so I might just get some nice wraps for them.

NappyHappy Mon 29-Apr-13 20:25:27

Those FB pages are fab, I've just sold a load of ME wraps on there.

Lots of lovely bargains wink

rrreow Tue 30-Apr-13 13:26:52

Oh my god my Babymule changing bag just arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See, I would post this on my Facebook but I don't think my friends would adequately understand the excitement this brings forth.

OK so this totally was a luxury purchase but I really got swayed because a few of the reviewers specifically mentioned it being great for cloth nappies and having more than one kid because it just has all the room you need.

I should be working but I want to play with my new bag!!

NappyHappy Tue 30-Apr-13 13:31:55

Ooh don't work, what do you do?

I could do with a nappy bag big enough for 2 childrens worth of paraphernalia too.

Just been to Costco and come back armed with their legendary carrot cake. grin

rrreow Tue 30-Apr-13 14:25:21

I run an event filming company with DH. We're a very small company (us & 1 employee, rest of our people are freelance) and I do a lot of the admin, pre-production and also the website. It's amazing working from home and having the flexibility, but it's not always the most fulfilling/rewarding work. Especially now I'm getting to the end of my pregnancy I just want to clean & tidy the house (VERY out of character for me), crochet stuff and do baby item shopping.

NappyHappy Wed 01-May-13 11:47:50

I typed out a long reply then my stupid phone died.

The EcoEgg is something ill not be buying again, after a few washes the nappies weren't smelling fresh or clean so have been using Co-op's own brand non bio and 60ml is working a treat.

Working from home always sounds great and as much as I would love to I can see cabin fever setting in. Do you enjoy working from home?

rrreow Wed 01-May-13 13:13:21

NH oooh that's good to know. I think I'll be sticking to my EcoSprout then. Definitely not the cheapest but I do like it a lot and my nappies feel softer than with regular non-bio in our hard water area.

I love working from home. But we do have a proper office in our house which I think is really important for a professional feel and motivation purposes. It also works for me and DH to be around each other all the time grin but I know that it would drive some people crazy. I just love the flexibility and how it gives me so much more time to do stuff (e.g. at 6 I can start cooking, rather than need to commute back home & feel exhausted and just want to put my feet up once home).

Also I love being able to see DS during the day (SIL looks after him in our home and he goes to nursery until 3.30pm a few days a week). The only time I wish I had a regular job is around this time when I'd just like to take maternity leave and do nothing!

NappyHappy Thu 02-May-13 07:59:14

You're one of the lucky ones grin

I would strangle dh wink if I had him round me all day.

Well, another beautiful day out so shall be finishing what I started yesterday, clean buggy as it has been sold and is getting collected later then clean house (didn't happen yesterday) and stuff nappies!

Does the sprout smell of anything? What's your due date?

rrreow Thu 02-May-13 10:28:16

It smells in the packet (they do different ones), but once it's been in the wash you can't smell it anymore. It's been a complaint of some reviewers but I don't mind. I couldn't smell my regular detergent either after a nappy wash.

6 weeks to goooooo. Due date is 15 June. It sounds so soon in terms of normal time, but in terms of third trimester pregnant time it feels like ages!

NappyHappy Fri 03-May-13 13:05:06

6 weeks. It will go slow, always bloody does shock

I'll look into Eco Sprout once I've done a few more washes and finished this box, see if it does the trick.

The fluff is getting washed as I type so it can go straight on the line whilst its still nice enough!

grin Mum using nappy nippas last night 'ooh these new fangled things'. Had to show her how to use it. wink

PurplePidjin Fri 03-May-13 13:13:08

Nearly there, rrreow!

We're in random cotton fitteds someone gave me (disana?) and wraps as all my fluff is on the line blush

rrreow Fri 03-May-13 13:30:45

Nappy wash is on, looking forward to putting them outside later. The weather is so gorgeous! Days like these I actually look forward to going to the bank and post office.

NappyHappy Fri 03-May-13 14:11:29

I might sort the back out a bit more and stick ds3 in some kind of chair thing. Its cloudy but nice enough.

Little Lambs have got a 3 day offer on starting today 8 for £32 inc postage or something like that.

How are the longies doing p?

rrreow Fri 03-May-13 17:53:55

I can blame pregnancy hormones for going for that offer when I really don't need any more nappies, right? Got 8 size 1s and some breast pads. I tried reusable breast pads last time but they chafed around the edges, I am unsure what brand they were, maybe Avent and they came with my breast pump? Hoping to have better luck with LL.

NappyHappy Fri 03-May-13 19:22:29

They can be blamed for everything!

It'll be potty training time soon for ds2. Cripes! I'll be selling/swapping some of the smaller stuff to fund training pants (and old towels for the floor).

Who will be with ds when you give birth?

PurplePidjin Fri 03-May-13 20:22:28

Longies are still fab grin haven't had to cope with a weaning poo yet though...

Wish i could afford new nappies but i bought a wrap today so it'll have to wait. Amazonas on zulily, hurrah!

NappyHappy Fri 03-May-13 23:22:57

Ooooh, how is weaning going? We're moving onto solid logs now wink and he's managing the hand-food-mouth thing now with no choking!

What size wraps are you using? I'd love some Blueberries but I cant afford them confused

NappyHappy Fri 03-May-13 23:24:10

Ive not been on Zulilly, is it good?

PurplePidjin Sat 04-May-13 01:02:21

Going great. He's had sweet potato, parsnip, banana, baby rice in various combinations and will try apple tomorrow. I also have avocado, butternut squash, weetabix waitrose version and melon on the list. He eats nearly 2 ice cubes per meal, or 1 plus a tbsp rice made with bm, by us loading the spoon and him shoving it in and sucking. Messy but working, no gagging or reluctance so far smile

Zulily can be a little twee but some good bargains if you stick to what you need and ignore the pretties wink

rrreow Sat 04-May-13 18:00:02

2 days after booking my homebirth assessment and I've come over all itchy hmm just had bloods taken last week so will hear on Tuesday. Am a bit worried it's cholestasis again and won't get to have my homebirth. sad Although the positive thing about being induced would be knowing when I'm having my baby and being able to plan a bit better for it. DS1 will be picked up by his aunt and stay with her in any case.

NH you'll have to tell me about potty training. Hopefully DS will be ready this summer.

NappyHappy Sat 04-May-13 20:57:21

Sounds like he is doing great! Greedy dude too by the sounds of it wink Baby rice is great for thickening stuff up too.

Both weaning a d potty training are funny.

DS1 was 2.5 when I pt'd him, tried earlier but the time wasn't right. DS2 isn't showing any signs yet but we'll see what he does when I get a potty.

Or we could do Elimination Communication wink

He's in his big boy bed tonight, that was fun changing that from his cot before. It only took me 20 Mins but he kept on walking round me in circles and pulling at stuff.

One of my stitches looks like its un-knotting too. Grr.

I hope you get your home birth R, you must let us know when you find out. Are you far from the hospital? Are your parents coming over?

PurplePidjin Sun 05-May-13 19:34:29

Fx, rrr thanks

Half a banana for breakfast given by daddy while mummy catches up on sleep parsnip, sweet potato and rice for lunch, then the last bit of lunch plus a cube of apple for tea! Only been going 10 days shock

Gluten is supposed to be 6m, he'll be 24 weeks tomorrow is it worth trying porridge? He's nearly too tired for more than a snack at tea time so i want a proper breakfast in him...

NappyHappy Sun 05-May-13 19:59:21

Yeah its fine, I use ready brek stuff as it works out a similar price for a big box wink and used it with all 3 without any problems. Nice mixed with fruit puree. Have you attempted juice/bm in a cup yet?

He is certainly doing just fine! Are you proud of you both? grin

ds3 has had said ready break, pasta and sauce and some rice which had korma sauce on with some chicken and red peppers finely shredded in.

How are the nights? 11pm and 3am here give or take a couple of hours. Tried watering the feeds down and that was a disaster and so was reducing the amount of milk he has. Also epic fail grin so shall just go with the flow! Dummies still get the look of doom and spat out hmm

PurplePidjin Sun 05-May-13 20:45:27

We have oats anyway for grown ups' brekkie so will soak some tonight and he can have it with banana in the morning grin water from a sippy cup with meals, otherwise boob juice from source. Can't wait to get mushing what we have, might have to figure out the knack to the mini blender my mum gave us blush been squishing with a fork so far. He seems ok with a few soft lumps though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now