This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Overflowing Number 2s! Help!!

(10 Posts)
Kitkat1984 Sat 30-Mar-13 14:15:57

Looking for some advice please

My 5 week old is going through a phase these past few days of doing one humongous poo a day, conveniently around the same time each day so I can prepare.... But it's consistently so much that his nappy cant contain it.

He wears pampers no 2s, we never have any issues with wet leakage it's just these monster poos that leak out - should I be more worried about the volume of poo than the nappy itself leaking? He's is no discomfort, has no wind, doesn't fuss. Its just stressing me out that I'm having to use so much stain remover, wash things straight away etc. so many worse things could be happening I know but am thinking should I use bigger nappies? Number 3s look ridiculously big and he's only 5 weeks, mind you pushing 12lbs I should imagine.
It actually went so far up his back yesterday it was all over his armpits.
He is bf.
Is this normal? Help!

Macarooned Sat 30-Mar-13 14:25:58

It's totally normal and only really a washing problem.
Sunlight (if we ever get any) is great a bleaching bf poo stains!

Macarooned Sat 30-Mar-13 14:27:44

You could try different makes of nappies...different brands work better on different babies.
And for occasions when leaks would be a nightmare (plane trips,etc) a washable nappy wrap over the top of disposable helps conta

Macarooned Sat 30-Mar-13 14:28:23

Sorry.... Should have finished like this...
Helps contain things

mombie Sat 30-Mar-13 14:31:44

my youngest used to do this. it was a real pita. I got bigger nappies, and make sure vests are not too tight, as this can force the poop to erupt. Other than this there is not much you can do.

Macarooned Sat 30-Mar-13 14:31:46

www.babykind.co.uk/wrapsairflow.htm
This is the wrap I have a couple of...

Will stop hogging your thread now, good luck!

Ariela Sat 30-Mar-13 14:49:05

The problem you have is most didposables are designed for just one use, ergo they don't have the luxury of elastic along the back waist. Therrefore you will never get the same level of containment as you would a washable nappy. If you're getting plenty of washing as a result, and can cope with that it might be an idea to consider washable nappies at least it'll save you loads of money. Find out more here

piprabbit Sat 30-Mar-13 14:55:40

If he is fairly predicatable, you could try changing his nappy just before the poo so that it is not already wet with wee. It might slightly increase the absorbency.
It will improve, but it is a pita.

HerrenaHarridan Sat 30-Mar-13 22:58:02

If he's that predictable put him on the potty. Google elimination communication or potty training from birth smile

stargirl1701 Sun 31-Mar-13 22:00:00

This is why I switched to cloth nappies at 6 weeks. I found the poo leaks ridiculous with all disposables. I've never had a poo leak with cloth. I have had wee leaks though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now