Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Reusable nappy to fit tiny 3 week old DD

(18 Posts)
peanutMD Tue 26-Mar-13 11:55:11

I an new to this and DP is still against reusables but I'll be doing most if the changing and we are struggling to find a disposable that she doesn't react to.

Any suggestions fir a skinny legged, 9th centile, 50cm, 7lb 1Oz girl? Jo

stargirl1701 Tue 26-Mar-13 15:25:08

Tots Bots Teenyfit? BumGenuis XS?

If it was me, I would hang on a bit longer in disposables and buy Birth-to-Potty nappies as you won't get much use out of the newborn sizes.

CelticPromise Tue 26-Mar-13 15:27:25

You can just use muslin squares folded like terries, or you could try to get some secondhand terries? Some of mine are worn thin so they are brilliant for newborns.

MajaBiene Tue 26-Mar-13 15:32:45

Itti Bittis are quite snug. But agree that muslins and a cover would be a cheap way to start off.

What about some small newborn ore folds and a rikki wrap?

PRE folds.

Damn ipad.

peanutMD Tue 26-Mar-13 16:42:29

thanks smile

are pre folds easy enough to grips with, they look confusing?!

Have been recommended Nature baby care nappies so might try them out as a stop gap to give me more time to convince DP lol

HerrenaHarridan Tue 26-Mar-13 23:23:05

Hi, I have 3 newborn sized wraps. I had a long skinny baby ( my birth to Pottys say from 10lbs dd wasn't that til 6 mo!)
I just used them with a bamboo insert from my bigger nappies, I wish I'd known I could have used them with Muslims
If you pay the postage ill send them to you. I don't know what brand they are I'm afraid.

HerrenaHarridan Tue 26-Mar-13 23:23:30

Muslims should obviously read muslins blush

peanutMD Wed 27-Mar-13 07:11:27

That would be great Herrena smile

Will PM you.

rrreow Wed 27-Mar-13 17:44:52

Muslins with a nappy nippa and a waterproof wrap until your DD is big enough to fit into your preferred nappy. Unless money is no object and then you could just get specific tiny newborn nappies.

We're going with the muslins solution for DS2 when he's born (I'm fairly petite and DS1 was 2.7kg when he was born, so tiny! Thinking DS2 might also be small) and then once he's the right size he's going into Motherease Sandies (Small), Motherease One Size and TotsBots Bamboozle size 2.

peanutMD Wed 27-Mar-13 18:06:44

Think I'll try the muslin solution for now although DD is doing BF poos about 6x a day ATM, will they cope with that or do I need fleece liners etc?

Had a practice with some ordinary muslins earlier doing the origami fold and I quite liked it smile

HerrenaHarridan Wed 27-Mar-13 20:20:20

Ok I've packaged up a nappy nipper, 4 wraps and an unused spare fleece liner ( i dont think you'll need it but you can try it and if you think its worth it can buy them very cheaply on ebay smile) and I'll stick them in the post tomorrow, can you pm your address as I can't find a way to access it through PayPal.

You must come back and tell us how it went smile

peanutMD Wed 27-Mar-13 20:30:12

Oh wow Herrena that's brilliant, thank you so much grin

I will definitely be back to update... No doubt to badger everyone with more questions lol

Will PM address now, I'm to used to Ebay automatically sending it.

JRsandCoffee Thu 28-Mar-13 18:46:23

Hi, she's not that little! I think mine was about that weight when I got my Velcro bum genius v4s and they have been brilliant, a bit bulky at first but not too bad and good to change etc. She is long and slim and I did get some Charlie bananas as they are supposed to be good for the long and slim but i'm afraid I've found them a damn nuisance for leaking and wouldn't recommend. Night times I use bumbles and a motherease wrap which has been bombproof so far! The bumgenius are on 3 for 2 at online mothercare at the mo.

For the tiny stage, I love Easy Peasy Bimbles. They are fully fleece lined, so nice and dry against the baby's bottom! I used a Motherease Rikki wrap with ours, but other wraps would be fine too. They fitted until about 15lb I think. You can't beat two parters for reliability in my opinion, only ever had one leak (a turbo, up the back poo!).

Floweryhat Thu 18-Apr-13 19:41:05

Kissaluvs and a small wee notions wrap. Gorgeous stage, enjoy!

Umanayana Thu 18-Apr-13 19:46:06

Newborn bumgenius are bogof at Baba Me at the mo. Just had an e-mail from them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now