This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How many more re-usable nappies?

(6 Posts)
YBR Tue 19-Mar-13 13:20:10

I have just found out I'm pregnant; DC2 due close to DD1's 2nd birthday. I'm assuming that they'll both be in nappies for a while.
The question is whether I can get away with the same number of nappies or should I budget for getting some more?
Has anyone any experience to help me out here?

stargirl1701 Tue 19-Mar-13 15:28:55

I don't know but I am interested.

rrreow Tue 19-Mar-13 22:14:40

I have 15 for DS1 (who will be around 25mo when DS2 is born in June) and have got another 20 waitiing for DS2. All but 10 are BTP so there will be overlap where they can both use the same ones.

gemma4d Tue 19-Mar-13 22:17:35

You could start out with muslin cloths for the new baby, then see how it's going later on?

Also depends how many nappies you have, how fast they dry, and how often you are prepared to wash!

YBR Wed 20-Mar-13 13:46:09

Unusually I don't have muslins - I have other cloths but they're not really suitable as nappies.

I currently have about 2 dozen birth-to-potty nappies, and do a wash every other day. I'd expect to wash every day once there are 2 DCs. In fact we wash when there is a full load since I'm not prepared to suffer a backlog!

VinegarDrinker Wed 20-Mar-13 13:57:22

I've got some second hand prefolds (basically like thick muslins) and a handful of size 1 TotsBots - all free - for DC2 due in July, when DS will be 2y 4m. I didn't like BTP for newborn anyway, even though DS was pretty big at 8lb 9oz. I figure by the time the newborn is out of the size 1s, DS1 should have vacated the BTPs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now