This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How many re-useable nappies do I need?

(6 Posts)
CheeseBallsRule Sun 17-Mar-13 16:47:02

Hi
I am just wondering as I found my local tesco has tots bots and bambino Mio on offer! Thought about stocking up.

I have no idea where to start though and have tried looking at the various websites - I think I need to see them being used in the flesh to understand it all!

Can anyone help! What have you preferred? Can anyone explain the difference to me please.

Thanks

gemma4d Sun 17-Mar-13 17:16:34

How many? Depends how often you will put the washing machine on, and how long your nappies will take to dry (which depends on what they are made of and how you dry them).

Now I've probably confused you, I will start you off with about 15 (although 20 might be better smile )

Does your area have anyone who will help you - you can't beat a real life person! How about Lollipop, your local council (?), or google your area + real nappies?

If you want a general website to look at, Twinkle is decent, http://www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk/acatalog/choosing_using.htm
or kittykins
http://www.kittykins.co.uk/whichnappy

Bambino Mio and Tots Bots are both good (although Tots Bots do lots of different nappies, most or all are good - they have a website, and they also do seconds on sale sometimes). I am using Tots Bots Bamboozles at the mo (errr, not me personally - the baby!).

Do ask if you have more questions...

HerrenaHarridan Sun 24-Mar-13 15:10:30

I have 20 And they pretty much cover a wash every two days cycle, I have some spare cheapy ones for extraneous circumstances smile

PunkyPod Sun 24-Mar-13 20:24:00

20 is a good number. I have a mixture of tots bots and bumbles (both 2 part nappy system). We do a wash every evening and then they dry over night and into the next day, so we find 20 lasts just over 2 days. Haven't heard such good things about the Mio nappies though... Before you buy a huge quantity of them it's best to get a few and test them out. Some nappies suit some babies and other nappies suit others...

HerrenaHarridan Sun 24-Mar-13 22:03:51

Yes to that! You can get trial packs, also the nappy lady's website is invaluable.

I didn't realise this and bought a set off eBay from someone who had tried one! Fortunately they have worked out great and I've yet to try a different one that I like as much ( phew!)

IrnBruTheNoo Mon 25-Mar-13 09:07:09

20 is good. I have a mix of ME and Bumbles, and various sized ME Rikki wraps. We are fortunate to have a tumble dryer but have never needed to use it as the GCH is always on and dries the nappies overnight. By the morning, we're good to go.

DS is 2.8yo and uses four nappies/day (disposable on at night).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now