This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Looking for a wet bag

(5 Posts)
newtonupontheheath Mon 11-Mar-13 21:05:07

Thanks for all the great advice on using cloth. We are now up and running full time :-)

As our washing machine is in the garage, I was hoping to pick up 1 or 2 wetbags (XL size) so I can leave my nappy bucket, or wetbag, our there whilst the wash is on and still have something for used nappies in the meantime.

I'm happy to pay approx £20 (as this seems to be the going rate) but I want to make sure it's money well spent! Especially as I might end up buying another.

Any suggestions of what works well? I am washing every 2 1/2 days at the moment...

Kelbells Mon 11-Mar-13 22:18:23

Hi Newton! <waves manically from now defunct Oct 12 thread>... Welcome to the fluffy side! Glad to hear it's going well! If you're after a lovely , pretty, well made bag, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending 'my little patch' wetbags. I've got a medium double (one pocket for clean and one for dirty) , small for reusable wipes and an XL size. She's a WAHM on t'interweb and Facebook, really good quality, long lasting styles for around or slightly above your price range - you can get good sale items and she does Facebook offers sometimes! However, If its functional, cheap and cheerful you fancy, I've got an xl wetbag from pixie pants cloth nappies on Facebook it cost about £7.50 inc postage I think, which I thought was an absolute bargain and is quite attractive (mine's dinosaurs but comes in a few different patterns) holds loads of dirty nappies, it's never going to last years like the others but it works well!... Hth grin

Carolra Mon 11-Mar-13 22:28:46

We have a couple of different varieties... Itti bitti minky have an annoying zip and they're quite small, Close Parent Tote bags are a good size but I replaced the drawstring chord as the one it came with was too stiff to draw properly (which was irritating as its a pretty simple bag!), and I love the My Little Patch one we have... It's far in the way my favourite... Lovely design, good zip, just a bit pricey....

newtonupontheheath Tue 12-Mar-13 06:56:28

Kel, I could hug you! I've looked at both you've mentioned and that was my main dilemma. In fact, I almost ordered a pixie pants on this weekend but they didn't have the one I wanted in. Also love the my little patch ones but have been so undecided (as you are when looking for somewhere to put ones pooey nappies grin )

Might get one of each.... shock

Ps pm me if you fancy coming over to the FB darkside, I'm over there with the other lovely Oct 12 ladies wink

Kelbells Wed 13-Mar-13 10:48:23

grin Glad to be of assistance! Let us know what you went for smile
You won't be disappointed with my little patch, I've been using cloth since day 1 (well, post meconium!) and the bags look as good as they did 5 months ago despite constant 60 degree washes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now