This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

night time pull up

(9 Posts)
mamacoffee Thu 07-Mar-13 21:22:51

hi i am thinking about washable pull ups for a night time nappy, 2.10yo ds is dry in the day and most nights but sometimes he has a wet nappy, its never a full nappy but sometimes has a full wee in it iyswim. can anyone recommend anything? i was thinking of the close parents ones but not sure, also been looking at the motherease bedwetter pants but they're pricey! i just need a washable pull up really.

We used the Motherease ones and they were good.

AmandinePoulain Fri 08-Mar-13 15:13:22

I've just ordered some motherease ones, I never realised such things existed! Dd1 is still a very heavy wetter at night at age 5, she just doesn't wake up and we've been spending a fortune on pull ups so whilst these are expensive I calculated that they'll have paid for themselves in 4 months time (although you watch, as soon as I put her in one of them she'll work it out and manage to stay dry at night wink grin). I'm expecting them on Monday so I'll report back smile

mamacoffee Fri 08-Mar-13 16:39:57

thanks- please do report back. thing is, i use sainsbos pull ups so the financial saving will take longer for us! costs us c£3.50 per month to use sposies! but it seems such a waste/bad for the environment- esp as mostly theyre dry...

AmandinePoulain Mon 11-Mar-13 09:58:36

Well they are here...(I can recommend LittleGreenEarthlets for their excellent service smile), and they are HUGE. I'm really not sure how dd1 will react to them. I'm going to chuck them in with dd2's OSFAs tomorrow for a prewash and try them when they're dry. I'll be back!

AmandinePoulain Thu 14-Mar-13 18:59:33

We're about to start night 3. Dd1 actually reacted really well to them, and seems happy to wear one. They are massive on her though. No leaks to report, but they take ages to dry - they were outside all day and still
needed a good 40 minutes in the drier.

mamacoffee Fri 15-Mar-13 12:00:51

Thanks for the update! I think it's not for us if it's really big sad I've heard re minki yoyos as well I might look into those. Dh reckons we shd use a dry pull up twice hmm seems such a waste the no of dry ones ww throw I'm starting to consider it blush I dont want to go to pants at night yet bc ds comes into our bed most nights n accidents wd be horrible then. ..

TwoPoundCharityShopShoes Fri 15-Mar-13 12:03:06

I had minki yoyos and they were absolutely enormous! I mean comedy huge, DD was so uncomfortable in them i got rid.

AmandinePoulain Fri 15-Mar-13 12:05:57

I've reused pull ups on our very rare dry nights blush.

Poor dd has come out in awful nappy rash, I think I'll be sticking a fleecy liner in tonight and putting barrier cream on. If it doesn't clear up though I'll have to go back to pull ups, it looks so sore, poor thing sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now