Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Night nappies

(7 Posts)
stargirl1701 Tue 05-Mar-13 19:14:21

Hi. I am using cloth nappies during the day (AIOs) and a disposable overnight (Aldi). We are now consistently getting leaks by morning with the disposable.

So, what are the cloth options overnight? I know we would need a 2 part nappy and I have got some preloved Motherease wraps which I was given. What would you recommend? Booster - bamboo or hemp?

DD is 26 weeks on Thursday. She weighs 7.4kg/16lbs 5oz. She feeds 3x at night - 7pm, 11pm and 3am - approx 18oz of milk.

Help! grin

Kelbells Tue 05-Mar-13 19:51:24

I use a combination of little lamb bamboo or tots bots bamboozles with an extra bamboo booster and motherease or blueberry wrap... They're both great, the bamboozle slightly better and I've never had a leak with that and the motherease wrap... DS stays in it from 6.30pm - 6am (as long as no poo!) and we've never had nappy rash yet - really good!! smile

Kelbells Tue 05-Mar-13 19:53:05

Just to add, I always put the extra booster (they both have built in boosters inside) between the nappy and the wrap!

stargirl1701 Tue 05-Mar-13 21:24:42

I'm sure The Nappy Lady advised Little Lambs way ack when I got started. Thank you!

rrreow Wed 06-Mar-13 13:58:11

I'd also second the use of bamboo. Tots Bots are very nice. Haven't personally tried the Little Lamb ones but they cost a bit less, so that might be a good place to start. And definitely do as Kelbells says and put any extra booster (which I'm sure you will need to use with the quantities of milk still being consumed in the night) between the nappy & wrap to avoid gaping of the inner nappy at the legs.

newtonupontheheath Wed 06-Mar-13 14:57:43

I'm new to cloth but have been using exactly the same as kelbells an have been very impressed with no leakssmile

stargirl1701 Wed 06-Mar-13 15:33:18

I was looking last night at ordering a Tots Bots Bamboozle & a Little Lambs with XL boosters.

We've just gone back to feeding overnight in an effort to eliminate a 3am meltdown. DD has silent reflux which used to be worse during the day but is now worse at night. It seems to be working but it's like going back in time hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now