This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Best flushable liners?

(6 Posts)
Wrigglebum Tue 05-Mar-13 09:09:39

Just an update- got some Bambino Mio ones (saw them in waitrose) and I love them! So soft and very thin so don't look like they'd be uncomfortable. A couple went through the wash and they scrunch up so small and start to break up so I can't see them being too bad in the pipes.

It makes nappy changes so much easier and washing is easier too, I'm wondering why I didn't use them before!

rrreow Thu 28-Feb-13 17:54:56

I live in an Edwardian property and have no problem with flushable liners (been using them about a year). However, I do tend to leave them in the toilet for a while before flushing.

I've used Bummis for the longest time (£3.95 for a roll) and was happy with them but found them a bit pricey. They don't survive my washing programme (I mean, they survive but definitely don't come out in a reuseable state). I've recently switched to Little Lambs liners (got 6 rolls for £14 on eBay) and they have a very different feel. Less papery. I quite like them.

I love being able to flush the pooey liners because it really helps with smell. We switched to disposables for a while a few months back and the smell that hits you ever time you open the nappy bin... it's just gag-worthy.

Wrigglebum Thu 28-Feb-13 11:46:47

1970s house so fairly ok I hope. I guess other option is bin the liners but is that minging?

wonkylegs Thu 28-Feb-13 11:05:24

If you live in a Victorian/Edwardian house or older seriously don't consider any flushable products bar toilet roll. You greatly increase your chances of a poo blockage/explosion which will be rather disgusting (speaks from bitter experience - not me but cleaner using flushable toilet brush thingys). The pipes are often narrow and undersized for modern living.

DoingTheSwanThing Thu 28-Feb-13 10:54:23

Watching with interest...
I'm currently using bambinex ones which claim to be flushable... It does concern me though that the wee'd ones go through my nappy wash and survive to be used again. That's rinse, 60 deg, rinse... I can't see them breaking down with one flush somehow! That said, been using them for about a month (since weaning) and flushing 2/3 a day with no incidents so far <touch wood>.

Wrigglebum Thu 28-Feb-13 09:51:42

Just got back into using my reusables again on my 10 mo (used them full time for ds1 but life seems to have got in the way now).

I think I'm more likely to keep it up the easier I can make it so washable liners and wipes are out (too bloody fiddly when hanging on line) and I want to start using paper liners for dealing with poo.

I've tried some before but I wasn't really keen but I think they were cheap ones- they were really crunchy. Are there any reasonably priced soft ones that actually will flush?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now