This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Reusable liners, should I, shouldn't I?

(5 Posts)
HerrenaHarridan Mon 25-Feb-13 10:58:21

Dd has always been in reusables. I was convicted while pregnant that is was all very well and commendable blah blah but do yourself a favour and use flush able liners. So I did.
Quickly adopted reusable wipes as it was easier to wrap it all up together than have 2 separate piles to deal with.
So now the only non reusable thing in my nappy bag is the liners and they're doing my head in. They keep ending up in the washing machine anyway.
So educate me.
What's it like using them?
What are the options?
Pros cons?

Kelbells Mon 25-Feb-13 12:28:45

I just used an old fleece dog blanket! Cut it into nice big liner shapes, super cheap and I won't feel too guilty if I have to throw them away....but ... I've not had to yet!
I do have a few of the little lambs soft, fluffy ones too which I will use in his night nappy (it stays on all night) but I doesn't seem to make any difference to his bum!
They're definitely drier, softer and kinder than the disposables, cheaper and no extra work IMHO...
Go for it! grin

WantAnOrange Mon 25-Feb-13 12:47:31

I'm trying fleece liners at the moment but my the nappies leak very quickly with them everytime. Not sure what I'm doing wrong confused.

HerrenaHarridan Mon 25-Feb-13 15:11:41

blush Convicted shock

That's what I did for wipes. An old bobbly baby blanket just cut up.
Hmm maybe I should try one of those. They're no very absorbent s though wouldn't the wee just puddle?

Kelbells Mon 25-Feb-13 18:46:52

The idea with fleece is that they don't actually absorb the wee... It just soaks through the the absorbent material on the other side and it should stop too much moisture coming back through (it won't feel dry but drier than disposable ones)... Make sure you wash them without softener before using a few times like with nappies...
Want an orange, are you using just a single layer of fleece as using it doubled up actually causes the fleece to hold liquid rather than letting it soak through and have you washed any softener out? Or are your nappies already fleece lined? Otherwise my little knowledge has run out grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now