This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

reccomendations for very large 8 month old ds who pees for britain!

(14 Posts)
Fairylea Sat 23-Feb-13 12:59:57

Help and advice appreciated.

Currently using pampers on ds who is 8 months old and in 12-18 month clothes (and nearly outgrowing them)!

He honestly wees so much it's crazy. He's not ill, he's bubbly and fine and bright but he soaks through a nappy in about 2 hours, sometimes less. He is currently in size 5 pampers!!

I've tried Tesco, Aldi, Sainsburys, Morrison's, boots own brands. All worse than pampers. But even in pampers I end up changing his clothes as well as his nappy, which he HATES.

So I'm thinking would cloth be better or worse ?... specifically I'm looking at the blueberry deluxe one size as everyone seems to say they are very absorbent...?

Any ideas welcome !

Ironically he doesn't pee much during his 12 hour night time sleep so he seems to save it for daytime !

Thanks.

ThedementedPenguin Sat 23-Feb-13 18:18:10

Could you go up a size?

Fairylea Sat 23-Feb-13 18:20:45

Thanks. He's already in size 5. That's a size larger than his weight. If I go up again he will be in the largest size nappy at 8 months!

I've tried smaller sizes too incase it's that instead (clutching at straws) and that's even worse.

are you using baby dry rather than active fit?

ThedementedPenguin Sat 23-Feb-13 18:36:34

Sorry my ds is only in size 3. I wasn't sure if there was a next size up. smile

What pampers do you use?

ThedementedPenguin Sat 23-Feb-13 18:39:15

Is he drinking a lot during the day?

Fairylea Sat 23-Feb-13 18:47:26

He's in the baby dry ones smile

He doesn't drink masses.... unless 4 8oz bottles and about half a cup of water at lunch is masses?? (He also has 3 baby sized meals and snacks).

do you point his willy down? what area does he leak from?

I have a large DS (9lb 3oz when born) and now a huge 2 year old, who also does huge wees and I thoroughly recommend Lidl Toujours Nappies. They are excellent quality, and fit snugly.

And only £5.18 for 44. smile

Fairylea Sat 23-Feb-13 19:41:16

I will look into the lidl ones. One I haven't tried! Thanks.

I point his wily down. (Once I've managed to wrestle him from playing with it!)

They either leak at the front around his waist at the top of the nappy or they leak at the side round the legs.

They are always saturated.

Hmm . I must just have an odd baby.

Sarah1611 Sat 23-Feb-13 21:35:43

You could try 5plus or 6 for higher absorbancy or even try going down a size in case gaping is the issue leading to leakage. Has this always been the case? Are there any thin flannel inside, waterproof outer pant type things he could have on over his nappy to save his clothes a bit??

Good luck!

Sarah

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Sun 24-Feb-13 19:13:36

I use cloth nappies but have never tried the blueberry onesize so can't comment on that. The most absorbent type of cloth nappy is probably a 2-part one (ie a shaped cloth nappy with a waterproof cover, usually called a 'wrap' over the top) Little Lamb do fitted nappies made from bamboo which is really absorbent and Tots Bots Bamboozle Stretchies are also super-absorbent. The best wrap I've found to avoid leaks is a motherease airflow. Little Lambs nappies come in different sizes, have a look on their website for more info, then I would say try and get them pre-loved on eBay. You can get the motherease wraps on eBay second hand for a couple of quid usually. It's got to be worth a try! If you're after more advice on cloth nappies have a look at The Nappy Lady website, she stocks all the ones I've mentioned and the Blueberry. If you email her she's great at giving really detailed advice on which nappy will be best for you. Good luck!

fairylea honestly, they are great.

I had problems a while ago re constant leakage as DS was working his hands in to his nappy and pulling his winky so it stuck out of top of nappy thus making God-awful puddle all the time. The days out ruined by this!! I now ensure a well fitting vest is in place to keep his roving pandies out!! blush

yogamomma Fri 01-Mar-13 13:00:32

Naty nappies all the way!!! They are eco friendly, on offer a lot at boots and i have NEVER (Touch wood) had a leack from them, even with poops!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now