This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Night cloth nappy help

(4 Posts)
Ariela Tue 26-Feb-13 12:08:11

I agree with Kelsbells, it's likely the wrap wasn't fitting too well. You could also try wool as this allows evaporation meaning you don't need as much stuffing.

Kelbells Tue 19-Feb-13 17:34:11

I was also going to suggest the size of the wrap may be the culprit, I know the nappy lady says the wrap being too small is one of the common reasons for wicking with a two part system, you'd need a bigger size than you expect with so much stuffing in it! Heard good things about the motherease airflow too!

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Tue 19-Feb-13 15:48:11

Wow, I was going to suggest a stretchie but you've been there and then some! grin I use hemp boosters from Easy Peasy Nappies with mine, I find they are more absorbent than bamboo. I also use an airflow or onelife (v similar to airflow) wrap overnight, I've found I don't get wicking with them whereas I do with a blueberry. Paradoxically I think this is because they are a bit looser round the legs - they don't squeeze the wetness out IYSWIM? You can get airflows for a couple of quid from the preloved groups on Facebook, or The Nappy Lady might have some onelifes left in he clearance section (they were £3) I'm using Large of both on my 30lb 18mo.

I think you can also get specially designed night nappies but I've never tried anything like that. Eg Bambooty do a night nappy that's supposed to be super absorbent. Think it's about £15 but not sure.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Alamaya Tue 19-Feb-13 15:15:25

Hi all,
My 15 week and 21 month olds are both cloth nappied.
Only exception is at night for the 21 month old. I cant get a nappy not to wick/leak a little.
Best results were a stretchie with 2 of the snap in boosters in, a superbooster (trifold mf-bamboo-mf) between nappy and wrap with the wrap being a blueberry. Im thinking the reason for leaking on this one was the sheer amount of stuffing the wrap wasnt tight enough to her but i dont know what else to do. Please help me not have to keep buying a pack of sposies for night time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now