This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Broken washing machine!

(6 Posts)
rrreow Wed 13-Feb-13 21:03:44

I might not be thinking clearly because of laundry panic (technical term), so I need some advice! My washing machine is on the fritz and the door won't open anymore (it did the same thing yesterday and I got around it by plugging off at the mains, the door unlocked after a few minutes - same trick not working now). I have a load of laundry being held hostage inside at the moment, and have a load of nappies (inc some very icky pooey ones) due for a wash tomorrow. WHAT DO I DO?

Obviously I know what to do long term, but I mean short term with my load of dirty nappies that are going to start stinking before long.. HELP! (I have no family near here, and no neighbours I'm friendly with..)

nannyl Wed 13-Feb-13 21:27:55

laundrette?

Is there really no one at all you can ask?

rrreow Thu 14-Feb-13 12:02:07

Managed to trick it into opening by doing another spin... I guess there is some electrical fault that makes it think there is still too much water in the drum even if there isn't. Washing the aforementioned load of nappies now.. hope I will be able to get them out at the end! grin

Have been -drooling over- looking at new washing machines. Am sooo in love with a Miele... but it would mean forking out a chunk of our savings so I think I better keep dreaming lol.

rrreow Thu 14-Feb-13 12:02:30

Urgh strikethrough fail. supposed to say drooling over

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Thu 14-Feb-13 13:54:34

Hi again evil twin! grin I'd keep the dirty nappies soaking in cold water (change daily?) to stop stains and smells setting.

I luuurrrve our Bosch logixx 8kg machine more than I love DH ...

rrreow Thu 14-Feb-13 15:24:31

Thanks! I will keep that in mind if it comes to it. Right now trying to fix disposable nappy in washing machine disaster hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now