Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Has anyone used fleece wraps?

(8 Posts)
Ariela Fri 22-Feb-13 00:42:56

Nature Babies do a fleece Multiwrap which is very good

mackerella Wed 13-Feb-13 15:48:12

We tend to use GEN-Y wraps at night now - they're waterproof inside but the outside layer and leg bindings are made from fabric, so less likely to leave red marks. Also, they have a popper fastening, so harder for toddlers to rip off!

mackerella Wed 13-Feb-13 15:44:05

We've used Totsbots fleece wraps at night time for a couple of years (on and off - mostly off). They're not waterproof, in fact the whole idea is that the fleece is breathable so it wicks some moisture away from the baby's bottom (it evaporates and doesn't leave nightclotges wet). It's supposed to create a nicer sleeping environment over the 10+ hours that a child might be in a night nappy. That's the theory, anyway... In practice, we've found that they add a lot of bulk to an already-bulky night nappy, and the fleece ends up smelling much more than PUL wraps do. We only really use them now if DS has nappy rash and we want to increase air flow.

spekulatius Wed 13-Feb-13 12:40:30

Thank you, looked on wee notions website, apparently the wraps are not waterproof. That doesn't really help then, does it? Thought the Totsbots ones are? Will pm u anyway. Thanks

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 13-Feb-13 12:04:04

Wee Notions do fleece wraps...

flowerfairy Wed 13-Feb-13 12:03:03

I have 2 tots bots fleece wraps one has been used a size 1 and bright red and cream size 2 that hasn't been used and will give you as i'm having a nappy sort out and want rid, pm if you want to try them. smile

PurplePidjin Wed 13-Feb-13 08:53:13

12wo ds is in bamboo fitteds with cheap zip up fleece sleep suits over night. Keeps him lovely and warm under his sleeping bag smile

They're pretty easy to make yourself, just google fleece soaker tutorial smile

spekulatius Wed 13-Feb-13 07:26:46

I've got Totsbots and Motherease wraps but they leave a red mark on babys skin. I read on here somewhere that fleece wraps are better. Which brand are they? I could only find. 1 Totsbots fleece wrap on ebay, I checked their website but they dont sell them anymore. Any other suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now