This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Is it worth buying reusable now??

(29 Posts)
newtonupontheheath Tue 12-Feb-13 08:37:16

I love the idea of reusesbles and hate the waste.

Dd is 4 months old and in size 4. When I return to work in July, she will be in nursery 2 days a week, where I'm assuming she will need disposables (?) then with my mum 2 days. I'm going to look around some of the other threads on here to learn a bit more but was wondering a) whether it is worth switching to reusable a at this point?
And b) how many/what size etc I would need. Have only spotted birth-potty packs so far in my (limited) look around.

Thank you grin off for a read and may be back with some questions!

youmaycallmeSSP Fri 15-Feb-13 22:36:46

You can trial a pack of different nappy types for £10 here.

I didn't start using reusables until DD was 3 months old. I use pocket nappies and they're really easy for grandparents/nursery to use if you send them in ready-made up.

My friend in the US uses Alva nappies and loves them. She's onto DC2 now and they're wearing well.

I have a mix of Smartipants, FuzziBunz, Blueberry, Wonderoo, Babyland and DudeyBaba pockets. My favourite to use are the Smartipants, closely followed by the Blueberry microfleece aplix and the DudeyBaba minky ones. I'm not keen on the FuzziBunz as the waterproof lining catches on my hands when I stuff them, and the Babyland ones (cheapies off eBay) have quite weak snaps. The Wonderoos are alright but they seem huge.

newtonupontheheath Sat 16-Feb-13 16:34:37

Can I ask.... I ordered a motherease rikki wrap that is out of stock. What could I get instead? Blueberry? To go with the stretchies..... Thanks!

rrreow Sat 16-Feb-13 17:25:58

An aplix Blueberry should do the trick. I have one and will be getting some more soon, I like them. Also look on eBay if you do want to try the Rikki, they come up a lot. I've been stocking up for DS2 on there and getting some real bargains.

newtonupontheheath Sat 16-Feb-13 19:21:34

Thanks, will try to change my order. Or just look for pre-loved. If dd ever stops feeding that is.........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now