This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Recommendations on reuseable nappies for newborn

(10 Posts)
IrnBruTheNoo Mon 25-Mar-13 09:14:28

I used a combination of ME and Bumbles on mine at that age. Both were superb.

Tallgiraffe Sat 02-Mar-13 20:02:39

I second Lil joeys, DS was/is a big baby so we didn't get that long in them but they were our favourite nappy for the first 6 weeks or so.

Ariela Fri 01-Mar-13 11:52:50

Nature Babies diddy diapers are good. I'd suggest fitteds if you're using from birth, as if the nappy leaks then the wrap will stop it leaking onto clothes, far superior on containment to all AIO or disposable which will only have one barrier at the leg and at the waist.

Missha Tue 12-Feb-13 20:37:39

Thanks everyone that's really helpful. I'll do a bit of research on some of the above and then perhaps buy one or two of each to start with. x

A few suggestions - Charlie Banana X Small (the newborn version), Kissaluvs size 0 - several options including an AIO and fitted nappies, Nature Babies Diddy Diapers, Nature Babies Bamboo Lovables, Thirsties Duo AIO, Teenyfits - just a few. Most of those will fit up to at least 15lbs except the Teenyfits which really are rather small, but very cute (get someone else to buy you some!).

WantAnOrange Sun 03-Feb-13 16:48:02

I used Lil' Joeys. They are actually designed for prem babies, but if you tend to have smaller newborns (DS was 6lb 5 and DD was 7lb 4) they are good for the first bit where other reusables just look to bulky. I only got a few though and its only cost effective if you're going to use them for more than one child.

Mothercare Smart nappies arent bulky at all and are my favourites but have been discontinued so you have to get them secondhand.

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Sun 03-Feb-13 10:40:40

I've got Bumbles which are a birth to potty version of bumbles and love them, so I bet bumbles would be fab! I've also recently discovered Real Easy nappies which are an all in one, they come in small and extra small and are on offer for £6ish at Babykind at the moment. The small is from 7lb I think but they look quite big to me (my tall & chunky 18mo is only just big enough for the large). The minky ones are so lovely and soft!

I used Easy Peasy Bimbles in size 0 for dd2, which she has only recently grown out of at 14lb 8 (she's 6 months). They're a two part nappy, so you need a wrap as well, but they're a lovely neat fit for a newborn. We went for the poppered version. They're entirely fleece lined, so nice & dry against the skin. In fact, I liked them so much, I've bought a few of their Bambeasys in the next size up, as they're just more reliable in terms of leaks than our Ittis or Bumgenius (which we use as well, I still love them!)

rrreow Thu 31-Jan-13 17:21:09

I'd say the Fuzzibuns are probably going to be quite suitable as they're so adjustable with the separate leg & waist elastic. They're also nice and soft inside so perfect for newborn skin.

If you want something that is perfect fit for a newborn you'll probably want to look at sized options rather than birth-to-potty, but it can get expensive as newborns need so many nappies and they will grow out of them quite quickly. Some of the well known brands are TotsBots Teenyfit, Bumgenius Newborn and Mother-Ease Wizard Uno.

Missha Thu 31-Jan-13 15:27:26

Hi there, I'm expecting baby number 2 early April and I'm keen to use reuseable nappies as much as possible. With my first baby I started using them at around 3 months so I have a good supply from around that age and onwards. I mostly used fuzzibunz and charlie bananas but I'm wondering if there is a better brand to be using for little little bottoms? All thoughts and experiences welcome, thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now