Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

boots plastic pants

(24 Posts)
Queenbebe Wed 20-Feb-13 08:06:14

The problem I've always had with buying stuff like this online is getting the sizing right.

jeanybeeny Tue 19-Feb-13 15:06:54

Thanks BiscuitCIB. I had a look on various websites and saw comments like they did'nt do them anymore. This looks like a new range.

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Tue 19-Feb-13 13:33:22

here they are !

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Tue 19-Feb-13 13:31:21

Jeanybeany try Nappy Ever After online, they do loads of bummis stuff, pretty sure I saw the pull on pants there.

jeanybeeny Tue 19-Feb-13 11:37:12

ChristinePP, I've heard Bummis pants are good, because they are made of a good quality lightweight nylon material, but still waterproof. Do you mean the "whisper" pull-on pant? The thing is, where can you get them?

Terries are very under-rated smile There are indeed lots of other options but terries IMHO are the most versatile and inexpensive birth to potty nappy you can get. I don't know about the Boots plastic pants, but if you decide they aren't for you (may as well try if you've bought them), another inexpensive one to try is the Bummis Pull-on pant, available online at around £5.75 each - the material is lovely and soft and the leg bindings are very gentle too. The terry nappies website referred to above has printable folding instructions btw.

Queenbebe Fri 08-Feb-13 08:51:09

amirah, I would definitely go with terry nappies. The only advice I would give is to buy the best quality you can afford and make sure you prewash them two ot three times. The waterproof pants from Boots are OK and the ones from Mothercare are quite good. They sell them in packs of five for £4.99, or something like that.

jeanybeeny Thu 07-Feb-13 15:47:09

Nippas probably work better with the origami fold. I use the kite fold, which needs pinning each side. I find this fold particularly good for night times, because it can be boosted and support another terry nappy pad folded inside. Nappy nerds need look no further than the Nappy Lady website for ideas.

CelticPromise Thu 07-Feb-13 14:56:52

I use the origami fold, how about you?

<nappy nerd alert!> grin

jeanybeeny Thu 07-Feb-13 14:31:36

Celtic. As a matter of interest, what nappy fold do you use?

CelticPromise Thu 07-Feb-13 13:27:47

I love nappy nippas and have had no problems with them. DS's do ping off very occasionally, but this has only happened in last six months and he's well over three now.

jeanybeeny Thu 07-Feb-13 13:00:13

Interesting about the nappy nippa versus the safety pin. Personally, I have never got to grips with the nappy nippa, if you will excuse the pun. I much prefer old fashioned nappy pins. It depends on the nappy fold and size of DC. With my nearly 2 year old wriggly DS, I need to secure the nappy firmly at each side and find nappy pins do a better job.

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Thu 07-Feb-13 12:40:13

amirah a fleece liner is good for pre-weaning babies as it makes a nice soft layer over the Terry towelling and also stays feeling dry even when wet.

I think the wrap style nappy covers are more substantial, softer and easier to get on than boots plastic pants. They open up fully and go on like a nappy (slide under bum and do up at front/side) rather than pull on, so a bit easier to use. Motherease are really good. Try eBay / Facebook groups like 'CBM sales' or 'preloved cloth nappies' / freecycle for 2nd hand.

The Nappy Lady website also has loads of different ways of folding the squares for you to try. Nappy nippas are so much easier than safety pins!

jeanybeeny Thu 07-Feb-13 10:24:49

You have loads of different options, but terry nappies are the cheapest and most versatile option imo and there's nothing wrong with Boots plastic pants. They're cheap and do the job. However, there are better quality ones out there if you look on the internet, such as Disana pull-on pants from TwinkleTwinkle, which give good nappy coverage, particularly for the older DC. They are much more expensive though. Nappy liners are a must when DC is older.

stargirl1701 Thu 31-Jan-13 15:13:29

I don't use liners till solids.

stargirl1701 Thu 31-Jan-13 15:13:14

I found the Motherease wraps really gentle where the wrap touches the skin. The TotsBots wraps left big red welts.

amirah85 Thu 31-Jan-13 14:49:37

Do u actually need a liner?expecially before they starts on solids?

amirah85 Thu 31-Jan-13 14:48:14

Stargirl,why if u don't mind me asking?celtic thanks I'll have a look at that website :-)

stargirl1701 Thu 31-Jan-13 13:08:42

I would use Motherease wraps rather than 'plastic pants'.

CelticPromise Thu 31-Jan-13 07:36:32

I use a mix of disposable and fleece liners. If you want flushable I recommend the Bambino Mio ones, I find the Boots ones a bit papery. If you want fleece you can just buy a cheap fleece blanket and cut it up. terrynappies.co.uk is a good site for advice and ordering.

CelticPromise Thu 31-Jan-13 07:33:12

Terry squares are brilliant. Never tried Boots plastic pants, but I expect they are fine. We use Motherease wraps, I picked most of them up secondhand.

amirah85 Thu 31-Jan-13 07:31:19

I am aware of the huge choice out there yes,so far seems terrys are the best option for me thanks :-)

mikey9 Wed 30-Jan-13 20:47:36

You are aware of the massive range of reusable nappies beyond the terry square and plastic pants that I wore as a baby (43 yrs ago?) Things have moved on leaps and bounds - with far better materials (for drying and washing) and preventing leaks. The Chinese have come up with really well priced (<£5 a pop) and well made stuffable nappies that many users in the Highlands have had great experiences with.
As a starter - come to our www.hrnp.org.uk site for some impartial advice and guidance - volunteer project promoting the use of reusables.

Nothing wrong with the terry square/plastic pants option - just I think man have a better experience with many of the other options out there - and loads of money to be saved!

amirah85 Wed 30-Jan-13 17:40:59

Going to try reusables with dc3 God willing,I got some terry nappies from boots and the plastic pants thinghy,are they any good?do I need the disposable liners?thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now