Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

tempted to give up cloth after two years, spur me on guys!

(16 Posts)

I'd second the fleece liner idea. A lady I know buys cheap fleece blankets from the 99p store and cuts those up for liners!

Now for the talking to...I had a similar wobble, and a very sensible (cloth using) friend reminded me that no matter which nappies I used, I'd still have to change them, the only real difference was in the washing. I was fed up of nappies drying around the house - and she pointed out that I'd saved heaps of nappies from landfill, so if I needed to tumble dry the occasional load of terries, I really shouldn't beat myself up over it. There, that wasn't so bad smile

I will confess that although I began with terry squares, I did have shaped nappies for the wriggly stage. As you're close to potty training, I'd look out for some preloved ones rather than investing in new nappies, unless you intend to have more babies of course.

mikey9 Wed 30-Jan-13 20:55:25

If you want to try some of the cheapy chinese stuffable nappies (ebay is your friend) - we have had a lot of success with these on all sizes from small to large - and the outlay is very small. Choose some of the funky print options and your DD may prefer these too!

ProtegeMoi Mon 28-Jan-13 21:37:37

Good call Katie and OP thank you for apologising, my son is called that on a daily basis due to his Autism, it's heartbreaking.

I understand no offence was meant, was just pointing it out as it tends to be used way too much in casual conversation as an alternative for silly, stupid etc. when it is no more appropriate than referring to a black person as the N word.

ThroughTheRoundWindow Mon 28-Jan-13 17:07:54

Oh goodness, I am so sorry about using that word. Was not thinking at all and realise now was completely offensive an inappropriate. So sorry to anyone I offended.

Thanks for the advice for those who replied.

courtsareadisgrace Mon 28-Jan-13 12:49:40

Katie. You maybr need to go through the thread and delete references to the word then?

KateSMumsnet Cameroon (MNHQ) Mon 28-Jan-13 12:48:02

Hi all,

Thanks to those who brought this thread to our attention. We've removed a disablist term from the OP. We rarely do this, but we didn't want to delete the whole thread.

notMarlene Mon 28-Jan-13 12:44:11

shock missed that word in the OP. Is indeed absolutely not on.

TheFallenNinja Mon 28-Jan-13 12:41:33

Been there, done that. It's disposable all the way for me now.

courtsareadisgrace Mon 28-Jan-13 12:39:08

What Protege said.

AIO's and less of the retard usage. REALLY inappropriate.

ProtegeMoi Mon 28-Jan-13 12:35:28

No suggestions but please do not use that R word, its a disgusting word and highly offensive to those with a disability.

Kelbells Mon 28-Jan-13 12:24:48

I'd suggest aio's too! My bumgenius freetimes and v3 easyfits dry in a matter of hours... Easier for nursery to deal with and the drying will be hanging around for less time too.... Hopefully t'will get milder and drier soon and they can go outside again <crosses fingers hopefully!>

rrreow Mon 28-Jan-13 11:18:44

I'd definitely recommend AIOs for nursery! Also, do you use fleece liners? If you get ones big enough to cover the whole nappy that could help with DDs comfort for the two-part nappies.

notMarlene Mon 28-Jan-13 08:46:57

Oh, and I took the preference for disposables (which we used very occasionally) over cloth as a sign of growing awareness of weeing and pooing and started popping DC on the potting and giving plenty of nappy free time...

notMarlene Mon 28-Jan-13 08:44:57

Urgh, I remember it well!

I got a few Bumgenius at about that age (after using only two-parters before) which really helped, this was years ago but they were fab. Might be that other pocket nappies are now even better. They wear Dead Easy to put on a non-cooperating child and idiot nursery worker proof too. They dried really quick too which was fab.

ThroughTheRoundWindow Mon 28-Jan-13 08:38:41

Hoya. My daughter has been in vloth almost since she was born. I use a mixture of terry sqaures and tots bots with motherease wraps. Never had a pronlems but am beginning to get fed up with the whole thing.

There are always nappies drying in the spare room, the house feels damp, daughter does not like changes and. Will not lie still. To make mnatters worse she has just moved to different room at nursery and new key worker is nappy [disablist term deleted by MNHQ] and DD keeps coming home with bags of wet clothes where she leaked.

We've always used eco-disposables at night and for weekends away and now DD makes it clear that she prefers the"posh" nappies. I can see why, they do look more comfortabkle.

All in all i'm ready to throw in the towel even if it will cost an arm and a leg in biodegradable nappies. I plan to potty train once the weather warms up anyway.

Someone tell me they had a similar wobble and to pull myself together. Or tell me just to give.

What do you think I should do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now