This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Has anyone used TotsBots Wraps on a newborn?

(8 Posts)
rrreow Thu 24-Jan-13 14:35:59

They look really nice, and the description says they have 'anti wicking leg binding'. But I notice they don't have a gusset, so how are they for poo-containment on a newborn?

Ruthchan Thu 24-Jan-13 20:38:51

They're fine. Obviously you need a decent nappy on the inside of it, but they are good at containment.
However, for an equivalent wrap with slightly softer and more forgiving material, I would recommend Mother Ease wraps. They're very similar in design, but I prefer them.
I used them from birth to potty (changing sizes, obviously!) with both my children and never had cause to complain.

CecyHall Thu 24-Jan-13 20:43:25

Yes, I never had a leak with them. But your baby might be a different shape to mine so I can't say for definite!

I do love the patterns too, they wash well and do us fine!

rrreow Thu 24-Jan-13 20:54:54

I've been using some Motherease wraps on DS and love them so far, but the patterns (apart from the two latest ones) aren't the most riveting. I really love the TotsBots patterns and also the Blueberry ones. I think I shall test drive one once DC2 is born and decide then.

Kelbells Thu 24-Jan-13 21:17:13

Got to say although I love tots bots for their bamboozles and easyfits... I don't rate their wraps at all hmm... I've found motherease rikkis utterly brilliant, never had a leak in 15 weeks so far... Also really like blueberry coveralls!

stargirl1701 Thu 24-Jan-13 23:45:07

I found Motherease far better than Tots Bots.

pinkpudding Fri 25-Jan-13 00:01:01

I've got tots bots wraps for my bamboozles and they're great. Wash well. I found with my newborns that most liquid poo got soaked up by the bamboozle anyway

I found my Tots Bots wrap rubbed dd2's tummy, as the edge of the Velcro is very sharp. As mentioned above, I also like Motherease Rikki wraps, only 1 leak in 6 months! (using Easy Peasy nappies). I also recently purchased a Gen-y simplicity wrap, which I love, as it poppers neatly at the sides, so the front is all smooth. I wish they did some paler prints though (I got a white one), as all their prints are dark, heavy patterns, which can show through clothes/clash with clothes if visible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now