Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Rash from Pampers

(12 Posts)
Ariela Fri 22-Feb-13 01:09:59

Interestingly, disposable nappies are just about the only item in contact with baby's skin and they are intended for use 24/7 about which there is no legislation or requirement by the manufacturers to declare content.......!

NormasMum Wed 13-Feb-13 13:41:35

oooh thanks tweedledeedum, I've never heard of those before

Tweedledeedum Mon 11-Feb-13 15:41:34

I second Naty nappies, my DS has eczema and sensitive skin, no rashes since using them and no leaks even after 12-14 hours in them overnight! Also we only use those Waterwipes which are great and 99.9% water and a bit of citrus.

NormasMum Mon 11-Feb-13 09:09:10

me neither - just never occurred to me that they'd even have chemicals at all!!

diamondee Sun 10-Feb-13 14:58:56

My ds2 has a reaction to all nappies but asda ones, is okay with all wipes though. I had never thought about the chemicals etc in nappies before.

NormasMum Sun 10-Feb-13 14:52:37

hi all and thanks for the feedback - DD is a lot better now using just Boots own brand or Naty, and Naty or Bepanthen wipes. I complained to Pampers who sent me Pampers vouchers to say sorry! I have asked that they send my concerns to the relevant people who research these reactions and was assured that they have sent to the correct department...

stargirl1701 Fri 25-Jan-13 23:32:36

We use cloth by day and disposable at night. We found Pampers awful. They gave dd a rash and leaked. We now use Tesco's own although I've heard good things about Aldi's nappies.

sleeplessinderbyshire Fri 25-Jan-13 21:46:52

my DD2 gets horrible nappy rash with pampers. we use cloth by day and use naty at night which never give her a rash

Alamaya Fri 25-Jan-13 21:40:05

My son now 12 weeks got horrific blistering bleeding rash from pampers nappies. Even the wipes causing it.

Ive resorted to cloth now.

NormasMum Wed 23-Jan-13 14:00:41

thanks lorisparkle

lorisparkle Wed 23-Jan-13 13:03:15

Ds1 had terrible problems with nappies with the 'soothing lotion' as an integral part of the nappies. Can't remember which brand. I ended up using just the supermarket ones. Wet wipes were a problem so only used huggies pure when out and about. I found metanium was the best nappy cream and bought little muslin clothes for nappy changes at home.

NormasMum Wed 23-Jan-13 11:15:15

My baby has really sensitive skin - I think she has trouble with alcohol in products, her skin blistered even using Sudocrem! I use Pampers size one and she has developed little blisters which seems to be in the same pattern as the lining on the Pampers - has anyone else seen or heard of this? Does anyone have suggestions for other brands they have tried if so?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now