This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Night nappy changes at 5 months - is this normal?

(5 Posts)
pookysarah Wed 23-Jan-13 09:09:40

DS is almost 5 months old and I find his nappy is absolutely saturated with wee by 2am (when I feed him), and again at 8am (when he gets up). I end up doing a 2am nappy change every night which wakes him up a lot.
DS's sleep is really unsettled (?4 month regression) and he feeds a LOT overnight - at least 2 hourly - so I guess it's unsurprising that he produces loads of wee.
I'm using size 3 nappies (whatever is on offer; doesn't seem to make a big difference, but mainly Huggies); I tried size 4 and still had to change him. If I don't change him the nappy is so full that it leaks.
I just want to try and keep nights as settled as possible and the nappy change says "wake up" to him! Should I still be regularly changing at night or is my technique/nappy all wrong?!
Thanks!

milkybrew Wed 23-Jan-13 09:18:13

I found huggies leaked really badly for my DD at night. I now use boots own brand which have been much better.

alreadyinbloodyuse Wed 23-Jan-13 09:20:57

Have you tried a different brand? Huggies leaked on my DS. I changed and went up two sizes, that worked.
Could you buy a little lamb trial pack, they are very good and never leaked.
I used a nappy wrap over a disposable as well, but luckily the change in size worked for us.

pookysarah Wed 23-Jan-13 16:17:17

I tried the Happy Nappy size 4 - same problem. I've bought Pampers Baby Dry size 4 to try tonight. The quest for sleep continues.. shock Thanks!

redandwhitesprinkles Wed 23-Jan-13 16:24:57

I use huggies and had to do this but it was just volume of fluid not the nappy. I used to change him at every feed in the night. At 8 1/2 months he seems to have calmed down, probably to do with solids.

I find lidl nappies are great but found boots leaked poo. At least lidl are cheap to try!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now