This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Cloth- where to start?

(8 Posts)
effyzm Tue 22-Jan-13 18:07:18

I'm 14 weeks pregnant with my second. I never considered using them with my first. I'm really keen on exclusively using cloth on this one. I've been reading everywhere about them but I'm left super confused. About sizes, types etc. all I know is that I would like to use the ones that you use once and put it straight in the wash, I would obviously use boosters during the night. What are wraps? Totally confused. Help me. I would really like to start buying then as I know they can be pricey. Thank you smile

effyzm Tue 22-Jan-13 18:13:25

Also any recommended places on where to buy. I don't mind second hand ones as long as they are in good nick. Any people that make them themselves? Thanks

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Thu 24-Jan-13 22:07:00

Hi Effy, take a look at this thread which should answer a lot of your questions.

My best advice would be to look on The Nappy Lady website, she has loads of info on all the different types of nappies, and if you fill in her questionnaire she'll recommend what's best for you. You can get second hand nappies via Facebook, try joining the group called preloved cloth nappies - I'm sure there are others too - or I think you can also buy them through eBay.

I started using cloth on my dd when she was 11 months, it really is easy, good luck!

Twinkleinmyeye Thu 24-Jan-13 22:12:36

I've posted this linky before, but I think it's a really good idea! Having said that I use bumgenius v3s on DS2 (and did with DS1 too!) which you can read about over on that other thread. smile

Hey come and join us on the MN fluffers thread We're lovely, honest grin

<waves> biscuit and twinkle

stargirl1701 Thu 24-Jan-13 23:44:11

You need The Nappy Lady website. Fill in her questionnaire and she'll advise you. There is also info on local real nappy networks in your area and local incentives for buying real nappies.

I hired a kit from the council for 3 weeks for £10 which really helped me figure out what suited me and dd.

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Fri 25-Jan-13 10:36:17

Hi KFC ! We just love to spread the fluffy love...

I did the Fill Your Pants trial too twinkle it was great to actually get to try out a few different types. Reading about them is helpful but it's good to have a play round withthem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now