This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

best disposable liners and where to get at a good price

(9 Posts)
mamacoffee Thu 17-Jan-13 10:28:59

We're switching to disposable liners from fleece for a while -- after discovering that not ALL solid poos roll off the liners-- confused I like tots bots, less papery ad less like school loo paper from when I was at school! But they're pricy.

Are there any other brands that are similar/ nice, or where is the best place to buy at a decent price? Atm disposable liners seem not much less than the cost of a pack of ( supermarket own brand) nappies!!

Kelbells Thu 17-Jan-13 14:24:41

No advice as I use fleece, except that you can wash the disposable liners a few times if that helps save the pennies!

mamacoffee Thu 17-Jan-13 14:31:06

Do you know by any chance if different brands are more washable than others?smile I do miss being able to stick the whole thing in the wash, fishing out the liner for disposal is a pain... But less so than dealing with sticky poos on a fleece liner and we've had quite a few of those lately confused

Kelbells Thu 17-Jan-13 14:54:40

Sorry! Hopefully someone else can help, my DS still has lovely breastfed poo so I'm still using fleece and my disposable ones are waiting in the wings, if you've got some tots bots ones though, they're pretty good quality? Why don't you give those a go? If you're using them at the moment see how many times you can wash, they might end up being better value than you thought?

mamacoffee Thu 17-Jan-13 15:46:17

Thank you I think I'll experiment with some in the wash tomorrow! It would be great bc then I just have to chuck away the poo ones....

rrreow Thu 17-Jan-13 17:16:45

I use these: http://www.fill-your-pants.com/nappy-liners/bummis-nappy-liners.html although they're actually more expensive than the Totsbots liners they sell on that site! I thought they were good value though.

I do have to say though that paper liners do tend to move around a bit (I was actually considering moving to fleece liners as I read they stay in place better!) if you have an active toddler. When DS's poos are solid it's no problem, but when they're a bit more soft some of it tends to end up outside the liner (or a lot of it outside the liner if it's really shifted - although that only happened once and may have been to do with bad placement of the liner in the first place).

rrreow Thu 17-Jan-13 17:17:16

Sorry forgot to click the check box, clickable link: www.fill-your-pants.com/nappy-liners/bummis-nappy-liners.html

mamacoffee Thu 17-Jan-13 20:15:48

Thank you rreow. They're a bit more pricey than tots bots. I realised earlier on that seeing as my fleece liners are made of Ikea blankets even if I throw away the sticky poo fleece liners it may still work out cheaper as the wee soaked ones can be used again ad again. And then I have all the advantages of fleece still- more comfy for dd and it catches all the poo rather than most/ half of it! I think I may stick with fleece after all smile

Misty9 Thu 17-Jan-13 22:38:33

I was about to suggest just that smile I've certainly been know to throw the odd unstickable fleece liner (homemade too). I do like the TB liners though, and just gave 4 rolls away since we don't use them anymore... Bulk buying can be cheaper?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now