This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Cloth to fit under boys trousers?

(12 Posts)
Louelle81 Thu 24-Jan-13 08:52:26

Ps she's 22lb and is still in lots of her 6-9 clothes so there's been no need to size up

Louelle81 Thu 24-Jan-13 08:50:40

Have you looked at gnappies? That's what we use as they are really slim. My little girl already had a large botty, so other cloths looked ridiculous on her! Gpants are really slim and we've also never had a leak since using for the last 6 months ish ( my girls 9 months) x

NotDoris Mon 14-Jan-13 17:48:03

Thanks everyone for the good advice. :-)

Indith Mon 07-Jan-13 14:44:30

Prob cheaper to get new clothes than nappies!

Dungarees grin
Frugi if you can find stuff in the sale in the right size
Sainsbury do a lot of roll up trousers, the sort that are intended to be 3/4 length rolled up so if you get those a size up (they are mostly adjustable waist too) then they are the right length rolled up and because they have teh button the roll up doesn't fall down. then when he potty trains he can go back in the same trousers but with roll ups down smile

tigermummy35 Mon 07-Jan-13 14:37:29

I found anything stretchy worked well with DS. A size up and big turn ups also. TBH, stiff denim jeans were a no no, but joggers and very soft denim were fine.

TBEF's are slim fitting. I try to get trousers that are elasticated rather than adjustable. Bambino Mio AIO's are slim fit. Most AIO's are slim fit. Id avoid fitteds, prefolds, pockets etc

If you want to sell them there's a good trade on Fb for preloved cloth.

Frugi clothes are cut for cloth in case you can get any of those.

VinegarDrinker Mon 07-Jan-13 13:05:46

Sorry just re-read and see you have been given lots of clothes. I would try a size up?

VinegarDrinker Mon 07-Jan-13 13:04:43

I buy trousers one size up and turn them up, or buy stuff from Frugi etc on eBay. We use Onelife birth to potty and they were bulky on him when he was a baby but slim fitting now (22m).

I would buy trousers to fit your nappies rather than the other way round! I don't like too tight/stiff/constricting stuff on babies/toddlers anyway tbh.

NotDoris Mon 07-Jan-13 13:00:41

Oh dear, he only has one pair of joggers (been given loads of clothes) and he has short legs so already has big turn-ups!

NotDoris Mon 07-Jan-13 12:59:59

Oh dear, he only has one pair of joggers (been given loads of clothes) and he has short legs so already has big turn-ups!

Kelbells Mon 07-Jan-13 12:34:53

Hmmm... Well in the daytime I use tots bots easyfits or bumgenius freetimes, I think they're relatively slim fitting, they fit no problem in his baby grows, stretchy joggers and pjs but I tend to go up a size for his jeans or 'chino' type trouser and just give him turn ups! Hth smile

NotDoris Sun 06-Jan-13 23:31:21

DD is 9 and wore cloth nappies of all descriptions, from folded squares, fitted to pockets - it was easy to fit them under dresses despite being very heavily boosted.
DS is 18 months and I still have all our old nappies, but there is no way I can fit them under his trousers! What do others do? Are there any slim but absorbent nappies we could try?
Does anyone want 2 bin bags full of DDs nappies? Not sure what to do with them all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now