Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

does anyone know where i can sell reusable nappies for free, Ebay wont allow it....

(16 Posts)
justtired Fri 21-Dec-12 15:58:53

Hi all,
I have a set of hardly used reusable nappies and would like to try and sell them but Ebay won't allow it as they are not brand new. Where else could I try?

Thanks x

Try Freecycle or Preloved...theres another for free site but i cant remember what its called!

There is a 'For Free' section on here and i reckon they would get snatched up smile

nickelbabylyinginamanger Fri 21-Dec-12 16:03:49

your local NCT branch?

not free, but not too bad a commission.

HalleLouja Fri 21-Dec-12 16:05:36

Lie - lots of people do - say they are new in the title but explain in the description.

CelticPromise Fri 21-Dec-12 16:08:00

I had a listing removed selling nappy wraps, it's daft.

You could try thenappysite.co.uk, Cloth Nappy Tree or <whispers> Netmums local.

Just list as new on ebay and say they're preloved- everyone does!

CNT has shut hasn't it?

RillaBlythe Fri 21-Dec-12 16:11:31

Try pre loved cloth group on FB

notcitrus Fri 21-Dec-12 16:14:07

CNT is still going but pretty dead after everyone thought it was shutting down. I had zero interest in a bunch of nappies a couple months ago.

Look on Facebook to see if there's a selling group or mums group in your area - that's where I've managed to sell baby stuff recently, and will try the nappies there in the New Year.

I'm reluctant to try Ebay as had a nappy wrap removed once. Apparently Ebay.com allow nappies now but .co.uk won't!

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 21-Dec-12 16:15:19

Naturalmamas forums would be worth a go...

Notcitrus- eBay are bloody awful and I hadn't realised CNT was still going- the site flounce backfired then!

There's loads of preloved nappy sites on Fb, search for Cloth Bum Mums and they have a list of selling pages

justtired Fri 21-Dec-12 16:49:02

Thankyou all for your help, I did list as new and explained in description but it was removed and I got a telling off by Ebay.
The thing is they look brand new and would be a brilliant bargin for someone. Will try the sites you mentioned thanks x

lljkk Fri 21-Dec-12 16:59:30

I've managed to sell preloved nappies on Ebay, you have to be very cagey about description.

the used nappy market has collapsed, I reckon, with the Ebay ban. Very depressing sad.

HalleLouja Fri 21-Dec-12 17:33:18

There are cloth nappy selling groups on ebay.

HalleLouja Fri 21-Dec-12 17:33:38

Sorry facebook.

Fairylea Fri 21-Dec-12 17:39:43

I sold my reusables on eBay. Just make sure you put "please read description!!" In the title and it should be fine... even listed as new. Lots of people sell them on there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now