This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Favourite cloth nappy?

(19 Posts)
WantAnOrange Sat 12-Jan-13 18:42:52

Mothercare Smart Nappies because they are the only nappies that are not bulky on DD. Unfortunately they dont make them anymore.

For looks, it's got to be Wee Notions.

I used Bumbles on DS and loved them but they are very bulky on DD. Maybe they will be better as she grows.

Motherease wraps are good too.

tiffinbaker Wed 09-Jan-13 23:17:33

We used a combination of naturebabies lovables (because they were massively quick-drying so could use them a very short time after the washing cycle finished) and Totsbots bamboozles (which were better fitting and generally nicer but slower drying so wouldn't be available for a few hours after the loveables)

My Sugar Plums and Frilly Bums custom nappy, it's so soft and full of minky loveliness, it will be a full BTP on him compared to the off the shelf nappies.

I like my TB fitteds with fleece too!

silverfrog Wed 09-Jan-13 23:01:18

ds is in Charlie Banana nappies, and I do like them - good performance, nice feel to them.

but you can't beat motherease (Sandy's or MEOS) for total bombproof-reliability. with airflow wraps (I prefer poppers).

my MEOS were new for dd1 8 years ago, have done her (up until she was 4 - then had to upsize her to XL Sandy's), and then dd2. then through 2 cousins, and now are used for ds - usually overnight as if there's ever a time you need amazing reliability....

mackerella Wed 09-Jan-13 22:58:33

Oh, and I have a friend who swears by Smartipants nappies (microfibre stuffables). I got one to try and think it's quite good - very slimline! - but not as absorbent or reliable as my beloved Bamboozles grin

mackerella Wed 09-Jan-13 22:56:00

Totsbots bamboozles, especially the newer stretchy ones. The TB wraps are a bit dull but we've got some gorgeous Gen-Y wraps from Fill Your Pants! We have mostly AIOs or pocket nappies (TB Easyfits or BG) for childcare/while out and about but I don't find them as reliable as 2-parters.

I've tried lots but Motherease Sandy's are my firm favourite. Not pretty, but so reliable.

tigermummy35 Mon 07-Jan-13 14:49:57

Nature babies bamboo lovables. Awesome absorbency and very pretty wraps over the top. Wash and dry well and, they're made in England smile

sleeplessinderbyshire Sun 30-Dec-12 09:15:58

Motherese wizzard duo for me. Have lots of other random nappies but the wizzard is by far the best

Bumgenius Flip nappies. Have sold all my other nappies, so I can buy more of these!

stargirl1701 Mon 17-Dec-12 21:06:43

Bumgenius. Love them!

Kirk1 Mon 17-Dec-12 02:48:42

You're welcome! You can get anything from eBay smile I have the cow pattern ones and some which are camo pattern in green, also some of the blue with stars. The cow pattern is a lovely soft fleece, very touchable!

ProtegeMoi Mon 17-Dec-12 02:44:34

Now I never knew you could get Ebay cheapies in Velcro!

OH doesn't like poppers, too complicated for her so she will love those.

Thanks

Kirk1 Mon 17-Dec-12 02:36:38

These from eBay

I prefer the popper ones because little hands find them harder to pull off than velcro, but velcro is better for getting a really good fit. I have little problem with leaks with these, and you can double-pad them for night time.

ProtegeMoi Mon 17-Dec-12 02:30:05

I do love the Alvas.

Have never tried Bumbles though and I am a fitted fan, especially under a fleece soaker.

ValiumQueen Sun 16-Dec-12 21:57:49

Pretty much. Not sure how long the alvas will last, but the patterns are great and they fasten more securely, plus fit both kids as BTP. The fuzzis have lasted so well and will have some resale value. My frog fuzzi will be kept for ever though as it was the first nappy I bought and the first all three wore. It is on DS now actually. Never seen a bumble. Sounds lovely.

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Sun 16-Dec-12 21:21:39

Bumbles! A fitted 2 parter so you can put a pretty wrap over the top. They have a lovely soft fleece lining and plenty of room to boost indie too. Not very exciting but very good!

VQ you are totally converted from your Fuzzis?! Wow the Alvas must be good!

ValiumQueen Sun 16-Dec-12 20:12:37

Alva baby nappies. Cheap too. Lovely animal prints. Seriously, they are my favourites.

ProtegeMoi Sun 16-Dec-12 16:18:25

So everyone, I am looking for inspiration as to what nappies to try next so please tell me

What is your favourite cloth nappy and why?

Mine is my Honeybums Lilo and Stitch custom nappy because not only is it absolutely stunning but unlike most pretties it is also amazingly absorbant and lasts a good 4 hours without a single leak and it's not even fully soaked.

If it wasn't so expensive i'd be replacing my whole stash with them.

So how about you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now