This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Terry Night Nappies

(10 Posts)
nutsnina Thu 20-Dec-12 18:55:47

Agree with lljkk. I use a kite fold with another pad folded lengthways on top. This gives seven or eight layers from the front through the legs to the back and copes with any sleeping position. It can be a bit bulky, but that does'nt matter for a night nappy. My DS is a VERY heavy wetter but has never had leaks. It's important to have the right size wrap. Actually, I've tried all types but reverted back to traditional plastic pants as being the cheaper and best option. The crucial thing is to make sure all the nappy is tucked in and covered to avoid wicking.

jeanybeeny Wed 19-Dec-12 12:26:15

Thanks Indith for the reassurance. It's not me, but more the pressure from family, if you know what I mean. I have a friend who still puts her DD in a night nappy at age 6, so I suppose there's no rush. Yes, DS is getting bigger for the standard size terries, but I have'nt come across the 75cm ones yet.

CatWithKittens Tue 18-Dec-12 16:47:26

If he's nearly 3 he's probably big enough for the bigger nappies I mentioned. whilst we didn't start DS 1 on them until later, because we didn't know about them, we have used them for the next three much earlier and rarely had a wet bed. they are no only bigger but seem to be made of thicker terry - and of course when they're new, they're new and haven't had 2, 3 or 4 years use first!!

lljkk Tue 18-Dec-12 09:42:15

double kite fold or kite fold with a prefold inside as the booster.

Indith Tue 18-Dec-12 09:18:22

Oh don't worry about night training, anything up to the age of 7 is normal as it is to do with hormone production so until the body is producing the hormone it won't happen. Ds1 did it at 5 and a half.

We used to use minki huggles at night when bigger, sometimes with a terry folded over the top or fuzzi pockets stuffed with as many terries and bamboo boosters as possible but tbh once ds got past 3 and a half/4 ish the only way was pampers and lifting him when we went to bed for a wee on the potty otherwise he would just wee so much it soaked everything.

jeanybeeny Tue 18-Dec-12 08:41:37

Thanks all. DS will be 3 in February. He sleeps mainly lying on his back, but not always. So it's a question of trial and error with the nappy folds. The kite fold with another pad folded on top works well. DS has certainly got a lot wetter in recent months and shows no sign of getting night trained, which is a bit worrying.

CatWithKittens Mon 17-Dec-12 10:00:07

I don't know how old your DS is but we found that the bigger 70 or 75cm nappies which you can get - or could two or three years ago anyway from KosiKare, Twinkle or the NappyLady - were very useful. Can't help on folds since ours have always slept, since they got older and wetter, on their sides or tummies which poses different folding problems from yours.

Indith Sat 15-Dec-12 22:26:59

I have tended to double up. Either pad fold one terry inside a kite or lay 2 nappies on top of each other and fold together depending on what fits your baby better.

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Sat 15-Dec-12 22:24:13

I don't use terries much myself but have you looked on the nappy lady website? She's got diagrams and YouTube videos of loads of different folds. Hope that helps!

jeanybeeny Fri 14-Dec-12 09:10:47

Can anyone please recommend a good absorbent terry nappy fold for night times. DS is a very heavy wetter and tends to sleep lying on his back. I usually boost a kite fold, but need something with more padding between the legs and in the seat of his pants!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now