This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Explosions up to 6 times a day - HELP!

(7 Posts)
Kelbells Tue 11-Dec-12 09:27:24

All I want, just going to add my voice to reusables! If money's a worry you could start with some terries with a wrap, or buy a few shaped nappies each month and just use them when poos usually occur (my council gives £30 to try cloth out) or buy preloved (I just missed out on a whole stash on eBay for £10!), they're really not much work despite what some people say, just an extra wash every couple of days. You'll get loads of support on here! I can wholeheartedly say in 8 weeks with DS I've not had one poo explosion! And there are many nappies that I've opened and thought 'how the hell did that stay in there!'gringringrin

AllIWant85 Mon 10-Dec-12 20:02:23

Oh no sad I was hoping there was a simple answer.

I don't think I could cope with reuseables or afford them for that matter.

Only 2 more months to weaning, maybe that will help a bit.

jelliebelly Mon 10-Dec-12 19:50:10

Both of mine had phases like this and I don't think I ever really worked out the answer -sorry!

ValiumQueen Mon 10-Dec-12 19:33:32

I second reusables. Nothing else will touch my kids poos. Do pop over to the fluffy side and have a read or ask any questions.

NotAnotherPackedLunch Mon 10-Dec-12 19:00:27

Changing to reusables was the only thing that contained DS's poos. They were so good we used to bring them on holiday with us.

madwomanintheattic Mon 10-Dec-12 18:56:45

Can't help I'm afraid, it all sounds entirely normal to me... I remember that vague sense of dismay when you realize your hand that is supporting their back is getting damper by the minute as it all seeps through...

To be honest, mine only stopped covering themselves entirely in their own shit when they started more grown up poo courtesy of weaning... And that in itself led to a whole new array of poo related issues.

Mm. Babies.

AllIWant85 Mon 10-Dec-12 18:52:40

Hi,

My 4mo DS is needing a full clothes change up to 6 times a day after having an explosive poo. At it's worst it is from between his shoulder blades down to the back of his knees. Also at night if I don't change him regularly he is soaked through and I have to change all clothes.

We went up a size but he's still leaking a bit. I've also tried different brands. What am I doing wrong?

I am so fed up of scrubbing bright yellow poo from all his clothes!!

Any advice appreciated... smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now