Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Cloth nappies for baby with skinny thighs!

(10 Posts)
KelleStarOfWonder Mon 10-Dec-12 22:06:14

I ended up with Itti Bitti SiO, had to go the sized route rather than a one size fits all. DD is still very skinny and her thighs are very slim and we had many leakages, but they are the best of the bunch. I tried quite a few from our local nappy service, they came out with a clean bundle and helped me negotiate putting them on and seeing what the fit was like. She's not long moved into the medium size and she's two in a week. They are slim fitting, my friends 9 week old only just fits in the medium, she is chubby all over though.

funchum8am Mon 10-Dec-12 21:53:46

I had this and contacted the nappy lady via the form on her website. She recommended I use the little lambs nappies i had bought on eBay but with Motherease Rikki wraps. I bought the wraps and they work really well, though they do have to be done up carefully to get the right balance between no leakage but not being too tight for DD. Good luck!

sleeplessinderbyshire Mon 10-Dec-12 21:51:10

bumgenius are rubbish for skinny kids. My DD1 is skinny as anything and always leaked (bought when she was about 12 months and used only in emergencies). DD2 is 5 months and a chubster, barely noi leaks ever with bumgenius on her. a 2 part system is far the best with skinny kids. something .like a little lambs or a tots bits bamboozle woith a blueberry or motherese wrap would be my suggestion. Also the new motherese wizzard duo is AMAZING

Theas18 Sun 09-Dec-12 21:05:40

Terry squares, origami folded with a nappy nippa would be great - takes a couple if goes but very adjustable and you can use any nice breathable wraps ef mother ease .

I used all sorts of nappies for different ages / stages with my youngest and actually I think terry squares were the best - so easy to wash/dry and so infinitely adjustable. You'll never believe how fast they dry vs and all in one or shaped nappy.

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Sun 09-Dec-12 20:57:43

Applix or poppers? I can get btp applix to fit my 6lb 3wo by pulling the front up at the sides - looks a bit like wings! I also have them well stuffed with prefolds. Otherwise, anything with a gusseted leg like Nature Babies stuffables (i have mostly pockets and fitteds/wraps)

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 09-Dec-12 20:39:59
ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 09-Dec-12 20:39:06

Have a look at the close pop in nappy - it has a kind of double gusset arrangement so the leg hole can be smaller than the liner iyswim.

SpanielFace Sun 09-Dec-12 20:33:31

Thanks, I've just been looking at her website - very helpful!

Kelbells Sun 09-Dec-12 20:19:04

I can't help as I have a chunky monkey, but I'd highly recommend contacting 'the nappy lady' she's really good at giving independent advice on which nappies will suit different shapes!

SpanielFace Sun 09-Dec-12 20:14:31

My DS appears to have inherited his Dad's metabolism rather than mine, and is long and lean with very slim thighs - he's 14 weeks and 11lbs. Before he was born I bought a stack of second hand bum genius nappies on a friend's recommendation. I have been trying them regularly since he was 7lbs (the minimum weight), and they always leak around the leg holes! hmm

I have also tried Little Lambs, which didn't leak, but the elastic made him sore around the thigh (although maybe I had the wrap on too tight?), and they also seemed very bulky.

Does anyone have advice on which cloth nappies will fit skinny thighs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now