Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Anyone found that their BumGenius are losing their elasticity?

(4 Posts)
BlueGuinefort Wed 28-Nov-12 13:23:30

Ours have been used for DD1 and then DD2 (currently 22mo). We seem to be having a few leaks at the moment and the leg elastic looks as though it is giving up the ghost. They look quite 'gappy' round the thighs. Anyone had this problem?

They were actually bought quite late for DD1 (although she did potty train late) so I'll be very disappointed if the elastic is now duff angry

ChestnutsRoastingonaWitchesTit Wed 28-Nov-12 13:29:53

I've had a couple of Bumgenius Flips that have lost their elastic.

I snipped open one end of the leg and put a couple of stitches in the elastic to make it about an inch shorter then stitched up the leg seam again.

The leg elastic has lasted fine since but now a press stud on the waist has come off leaving a hole so I can't use it!

I'm pretty disappointed as I hoped to use them for my next baby.

BlueGuinefort Wed 28-Nov-12 13:55:53

That is pretty rubbish, Chestnuts.

If I hadn't already used mine for DD1, I think I might get in touch with Bumgenius with a 'disappointed' email. But mine are getting on for 4 years old and were used for about 6 months for my DN aswell.

Will do the stitch and see if that makes a difference. Never heard of BumGenius flip though <<off to google>>

I use the Flips - only one of mine has gone loose on the leg elastic (been using that one for about 7 months). I think it's because I accidently tumble-dried it a couple of times.

I love my Flips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now