This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nappy Chat #2 - from Teenies to Tuttos and all in between!

(1000 Posts)
PurplePidjin Mon 26-Nov-12 12:16:46

We're running out of room shock

NappyHappy Thu 04-Apr-13 05:15:13

How long has that been for? hmm

PurplePidjin Thu 04-Apr-13 00:44:23

Still no chocolate here sad

NappyHappy Wed 03-Apr-13 20:40:01

I just have chocolate biscuits and Cbeebies in between my ears!!

PurplePidjin Wed 03-Apr-13 19:06:24

Cheers thanks it suits me!

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Wed 03-Apr-13 18:34:46

Hey this thread ain't dead yet! Love the new title though PP

NappyHappy Wed 03-Apr-13 11:17:01

Thats really good bfg! Are you well?

Just marked ones place Pp.

The council are here fitting grab rails for dh so he can get upstairs and off the bog easier.

PurplePidjin Wed 03-Apr-13 09:19:54
PurplePidjin Wed 03-Apr-13 09:15:55

thanks

3 very short feeds between 8:30 and 6:30. Improvement. Still changing a nappy in the wee (sic) hours though.

NappyHappy Wed 03-Apr-13 08:51:37

Baaaad P, she talks for England and forgets how she treated DH when he was a kid. Geordie Nana. Better de-squat the house then!

Well, the elder 2 slept even though ds1 went to sleep at midnight again but its the holidays so I don't mind too much, I'll just gradually get him up earlier over the next few days. DS3 woke twice so his germs (thanks to Vicks!) must be subsiding!

I'm getting ds2's hair cut for the first time today which I'm sad about but it needs doing.

BFG, needs must ATM ds3 was in them for the first few weeks too. Is she doing OK?

Did you have a better night PP? How was your pizza?

LeBFG Wed 03-Apr-13 08:23:01

Pidj, first time round it seems like it'll never end. But it does. R will sleep like an angel at some point and you won't be sleep deprived forever. I feel much better about sleepless nights this time round because I know it will end. It's also easier because I have zero expectations about when and how long lil'BFG will sleep.

Still not braved the fluff full time with no2 - feeling sad about all the nasty nappies I'm accumulating for the landfill.

PurplePidjin Wed 03-Apr-13 04:44:29

Is that a good thing or a bad thing NH?

NappyHappy Tue 02-Apr-13 21:24:18

Excellent! So you can relax a bit.

MIL is meant to be coming from Newcastle but we've not heard from her.

PurplePidjin Tue 02-Apr-13 20:01:08

I feel like I've achieved something. Mum coming round tomorrow. At least she admits that for her these early days are a blur hmm

NappyHappy Tue 02-Apr-13 17:07:08

Amazon or Ebay. Ds2 has got his molars and canines coming in and they've not bothered him since wearing it. Ive got ds3 one but I have had to make it smaller. Put it round his ankle so it can be kept on all the time.

Managed to make vege shepherds pie whilst they made more mess played.

Do you feel better after some time on your own ish?

PurplePidjin Tue 02-Apr-13 16:46:03

After all that he napped in his cot for 45 minutes and I've made pizza dough in the machine and a high chair cushion/cover!

Where's cheap good for amber?

NappyHappy Tue 02-Apr-13 15:19:26

Dont feel guilty about guilt tripping your Mum, if it works then go for it. You need a rest.

My house looks like burglars have ransacked it! Cardboard boxes, paper and crayons all over. Its getting left as its keeping them quiet.

I need Kim and Aggie. Just for an hour. grin

Ooh, before I forget I recommend Baltic Amber for teething grin

PurplePidjin Tue 02-Apr-13 14:27:49

MIL is 80 miles away and doesn't drive. She also provides a lot of support to SIL (2 dc, one with autism) so i want her to enjoy being a grandma in the limited time we see her.

Dp took him up the supermarket in the buggy traitor and does so most days so i an hour or so to wash loll in a hot bath with a book Was cut short today because R went into meltdown, but bless him he still got some of the shopping! I normally get 1 1/2-2 hours as he drops the shopping off and goes for a cuppa grin

I need to send my mum on another guilt trip i think, she came and cleaned for two hours after the last one! I feel bad doing it though, I'm a grown up and she's served her time as Mum to weenies sad

R is asleep on me now, might attempt transfer in a bit <eek>

rrreow Tue 02-Apr-13 12:20:34

PP that sounds like a really tough situation and I can definitely understand you're feeling the strain. Echoing NH's suggestion, can MiL or anyone else take DS for a while, even if it's just a couple of hours? When you're running on empty even a couple of hours without all that responsibility can really help.

NappyHappy Tue 02-Apr-13 10:55:11

Why cant MIL take R for a bit?

NappyHappy Tue 02-Apr-13 10:46:11

I know exactly how you feel. I'm not sure what time I eventually got to sleep, think it was about 3am then dh woke me at 5am then baby at 6,30. Its been me doing night wakings/feeds since 2008 and yesterday was the only lie in for over a year as all the kids either slept or played in their beds til 10ish. 'I can't hold the babies for long, I might drop them when I get s spasm' etc. I know its not his fault but it would be nice every now and then for you to do it!

Would (if its nice enough) sitting outside wake you up? All 3 woke last night but I ignored thge eldest as they weren't in any distress and told him not to go into ds2's room as he can settle himself back to sleep once he finds his monkey, juice or toy car.

Does R sleep much in the day? God, I hope you get some you time soon. Was he wanting feeding each time too? Is cake going to be in order to day?

PurplePidjin Tue 02-Apr-13 04:08:30

4th wake of the night. Feel like hell. There is no time when i might actually catch up because there is nobody willing/able to look after him. Yesterday morning dp took him down at 6 so i could catch up. 6:45 he left ds on the bed with me so he could pee. 7 he was crashing about looking for a nappy. 7:15 he brought a freezing cold baby in to me to be fed - well, he wouldn't need feeding if he wasn't hysterical with cold. He then wonders why I'm snappy and grumpy. And apparently he's tireder. Oh, and this is all in his mother's house. Later, at his sister's, i was trying to change a nappy, keep ds calm (dsil's ddhas autism and gets upset when he cries), sort the nappy out one handed. He calls me over because he's cuddling the rabbit. FFS, because that's right up there on my list of priorities when there are two crying children to deal with.

All this and i haven't had more than 2 hours sleep in one hit for 3 days. But he gets the afternoon naps and sympathy because of the stroke. Where the fuck is mine?

NappyHappy Tue 02-Apr-13 00:33:28

Yeah, I got the Avent spouts hard and soft, might try the soft. I'm such a soft Arse.

Ds3 has finally fallen asleep on me after half an hour of crying. Stupid dh picked him up the second he woke rather than leave him for a mo to see if he settles down.

How are you feeling??

rrreow Tue 02-Apr-13 00:16:48

NH I did that with DSs bottle recently as was worried about his teeth, he was very upset but only for about two nights. Now he loves his new cup and no longer uses bottles, so might be worth persisting a couple of nights.

NappyHappy Mon 01-Apr-13 23:54:11

I've snapped at Mum loads of times when she's made remarks got digs in about stuff. She doesn't get things have changed the last 30 odd years. Grr.

NappyHappy Mon 01-Apr-13 23:50:27

Same here. Chesty cough keeps waking him. sad

DS1 is still awake watching DVD's in bed but seems so its the holidays I don't mind too much.

This thread is not accepting new messages.