Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nappy Chat #2 - from Teenies to Tuttos and all in between!

(1000 Posts)
PurplePidjin Mon 26-Nov-12 12:16:46

We're running out of room shock

NappyHappy Mon 11-Mar-13 10:12:57

Pm'd you last night. I've put R down as being 16weeks?

You're breaking the hippy mould by not cosleeping! wink however it is good that he is in his crib though it'll make it easier later on when it comes to being in his own room and self settling. And with DP getting over the stroke too I think you're doing the right thing.

I'm not sure how many other folds there can be, hopefully once he's sleeping longer the less of a pita it'll be.

I'll be getting the shriek machine weighed again tomorrow. He didn't have sleep regression at 4m more like 5 but that was just for more milk and now its either once or twice a night he wakes. There's 3lbs between our boys!

Going to start making him some food up and stored in the freezer ready for the next few weeks.

PurplePidjin Mon 11-Mar-13 13:07:31

Oops, i put him down as being 5 months blush R is a teeny, right down on the 1st centile. Is Mini D similarly tiny?

NappyHappy Mon 11-Mar-13 15:39:30

He dropped from the 75th to the 25th which is the 4th line up. I don't think he's tiny but when he's sat next to babies born within days of him then he is tiny! But they were all weaned at 10-17 weeks where I started 2 days ago at 24weeks and he's not that bothered about solids at the min.

Has R dropped centiles? He's another chap who looks just fine.

Bloody Guidelines.

PurplePidjin Mon 11-Mar-13 18:56:45

Born on the 9th, dropped and stayed smile dp and i are both small though!

Not bloody guidelines, bloody officious over-bearing health visitors hmm

NappyHappy Mon 11-Mar-13 20:40:14

Yep. I go along with them then do my own thing! Getting him weighed tomorrow if the blizzard type shenanigans stop!

I thought you were both quite tall! I'm 5"8" and am shaped like a frog! The gut is gradually shrinking wink and DH is the same height and looks like Omjit Djahlli or however you spell his name! Ds1 is tall and very skinny, ds2 is a right chubby pudding and ds3 just looks like a Buddha when I sit him up. I think he will be long and skinny too, he was a pound lighter at birth than ds2.

What time does R settle for the night? Have you heard back from the job yet?

PurplePidjin Tue 12-Mar-13 00:29:27

Weigh in here too in the morning smile

I'm 5'4" and dp is 5'3"! So in proportion with each other i suppose? I'm back to 12st, and easily in my 14s, but need another stone to be pre pg weight and half again on too of that to be at target (was dieting when i got caught)

No news, but have some other possibilities to pursue plys dp is on the serious hunt - being stuck at home makes him itch!

NappyHappy Tue 12-Mar-13 08:13:35

Well in that case there is definitely nothing wrong with lovely face!

Its just my gut that needs to go then I'll be back in my size 14s. I wish I could push some round the back to give myself an Arse. its totally flat and non existent sad

I've got baby in with me as dh got up at 5 with his pains. Naughty Mummy dripped cold water on ds1's cheek to get him out of bed this morning wink little poppet was having terrors again last night.

PurplePidjin Tue 12-Mar-13 15:32:10

11lb grin

NappyHappy Tue 12-Mar-13 22:07:48

Excellent. We didn't go. Both of them fell asleep!! Love the video.

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Wed 13-Mar-13 21:40:54

I'm still here! It's gone so quiet now everyone has started having more babies... Hope one of you two wins the nappy voucher thing!

I'm spending every bit of free time faffing about trying to sort out stuff for this nappy library, got a list of all my nappies, a form for borrowers to fill in, been begging on freecycle and trying to get some cheap stuff on fb and eBay, meeting real nappies lady tomorrow, then need to make a leaflet and a fb page, then get leaflets printed, then send them out, then talk to the children's centres about doing demos.... Erm how did this get so complicated confused but I am really enjoying it in an organisational control freakery kind of way! grin

Poor little monkey got a really red bum again today, we're getting through oodles of sudocrem and metanium. Always happens when she's teething poor little thing. How many more teeth?! Today she did a poo and then started crying straight away, took me a minute to realise why, then I found it - she was crying while I changed her, I nearly cried too! sad

Right I am knackered so off to bed....

NappyHappy Wed 13-Mar-13 22:23:13

Oh poor baby! You might need some Canestan if the others aren't working! Talc I've found has helped too. Keeps the skin dry when you haven't got cream on so t:-) he bacteria has less chance of multiplying.

You do sound busy! I can't get much done as both babes are now Velcro. confused

DS2 has learned to climb the stairs and grazed and bumped his head on his first proper walk out. Silly sausage.

Started weaning ds3 and will be taking it very slow with him and his puking!

Hope everyone else is OK?

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Wed 13-Mar-13 23:16:06

Oh wow is ds3 6 months already?! <in shock> time is going so quickly these days... Maybe I'm just getting old...

Thanks for the tip re canasten, I'll keep an eye on her and try that if the others aren't working. Otherwise we're all fine!

Why am I still awake?! Right I really am going to sleep now.....

NappyHappy Wed 13-Mar-13 23:33:16

Yep, on Sunday just gone. I can't believe how quick its gone! I'm finishing off ironing then sleeping. I get screamed at too much in the day so can't do it.

NappyHappy Sun 17-Mar-13 16:25:20

How are the new babies?

PurplePidjin Sun 17-Mar-13 18:01:17

brew

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Mon 18-Mar-13 10:42:38

I did it! Nappy library. Is go...! If I come and like it I will send you happy happy thoughts :-)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Cloth-Nappy-Library/283381241794167?ref=hl

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Mon 18-Mar-13 10:42:51
PurplePidjin Mon 18-Mar-13 12:30:45

I liked it yesterday grin

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Mon 18-Mar-13 14:09:16

Thank you and NH very much! It's taken a ridiculous amount of time and energy though I'm sure it doesn't look it - and I have nappies EVERYWHERE! People on freegle etc have been so generous. Now I'm going frantic trying to keep a constant eye on fb... My little monkey is not impressed that i constantly have an eye on the iPad.....

Looks like R is piling on the pounds nicely! Can't believe how big they are getting, soon he'll be in bigger nappies! How is your job going, are you still working evenings?

PurplePidjin Mon 18-Mar-13 16:33:40

Nah, everythings btp here apart from the realeasies which he's on the smallest waist setting and second smallest leg setting!

Job is great, been there 4 years one evening a week. Interview tomorrow for a playworker 2 mornings a week. SN setting, early years - fun grin

NappyHappy Mon 18-Mar-13 20:54:27

Good luck for tomorrow P, it sounds great! How are the nightly nappy adventures?

Biscuit, that's great! Were hoping to get to baby clinic tomorrow so will put funny face in one of my his pretties and see if anyone takes an interest.

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Mon 18-Mar-13 21:27:55

Thanks NH!

Good luck tomorrow Pidj!

PurplePidjin Tue 19-Mar-13 07:35:02

I do that, NH, gotta be the best nappy for massage!

4 month regression. Been up for a 1 hour feed every 45 minutes since midnight. He's 4 calendar months today. Bleurch.

rrreow Tue 19-Mar-13 14:32:45

Good going Biscuits! I liked it the other day. I could've sworn I had posted on here but I have pretty much been out cold with food poisoning and a horrible cough and I don't really know what I'm doing in the office today but we just came back from holiday so there is a ton of work to be done!

Do any of you use an Eco Egg for your laundry (nappy or otherwise)? I just heard about them today and they sound too good to be true, so wanted to get some feedback before investing.

LeBFG Wed 20-Mar-13 07:59:53

HI guys. Great work Biscuit. Good luck spreading the fluff love.

Lil'BFG has been the quietest baby ever (feel like I deserve it after super high needs DS)....except last night. I guess it's the three week growth spurt - on off suckling and noisy moaning in between. She's still too small for her small motherease wraps [sigh].

Just tried out our new washing machine. Got a Samsung, mid-price range. Gets the nappies really dry. In fact, the bamboo boosters were dry in under two hours!!!! Still in shock [sad sack] - it makes bubbles too. I have heard about the Eco Egg but it wasn't great - something about not working and wear on fabric...but I can't remember where I read it so perhaps I'm making it up!

This thread is not accepting new messages.