This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nappy Chat #2 - from Teenies to Tuttos and all in between!

(1000 Posts)
PurplePidjin Mon 26-Nov-12 12:16:46

We're running out of room shock

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Fri 01-Mar-13 18:04:46

Thanks MrsR - I try and be a nice person on here not the grumpy mare I often am in RL Hurray for ds2's first cloth bum. What is he wearing?? I didn't start dd in cloth til she was much older so missed out on the cute teenyfits etc.

Alamaya, I'm finding stretchies great for night too - Pidj I have a feeling you've tried those though? In fairness I've only just moved to cloth at night, used sposies for ages, so that may be the thing to do.... We used beaming baby which I really liked, they're 'Eco' sposies and have some kind of cornstarch lining, so don't have the plasticky feel of pampers etc.

PurplePidjin Fri 01-Mar-13 19:15:15

He doesn't like being wet - he won't latch properly if sodden - so while being wet doesn't wake him, he won't go back down unless relatively dry. Fleece just seems to lead to soggy smelly sleeping bags so I'm hoping putting him back in a wrap tonight:

Homemade fleece liner
Size 1 lollipop bamboo
Big microfibre booster
Nature babies wrap
Fleece sleepsuit

I don't get leaks, just need to cut down the time it takes to do night feeds!

NappyHappy Fri 01-Mar-13 21:34:01

Hi all old and new. Is everyone having a nice peaceful night? (til about silly o'clock when its feeding time) Deuce Bigalo is on wink

I've managed to sell the Ittis apart from the crunchy ones. Got to post them on Monday. The ones I've sold that is.

The night nappies for all WILL get sorted! If the boys have fleece wraps on I'll put them in fleece sleep suits and not bother with the sleeping bag as it just gets soggy. Both in Bimbles again which I'm really impressed with thank you biscuit! the fleecy liner thats inside keeps their bums pretty dry.

Hi Ala, my 2 eldest boys are front sleepers too. One is in fluff, the other is nearly 5. I used to use Bamboozles and had the insert folded like that too then the booster on the outside. Cos ds3 is the youngest his nappies are massive on him so am lucky they don't need boosting. Yet.

Thanks R for the feedback, I'll sell them if they don't work out. Just waiting for them to arrive.

CONGRATULATIONS! Mrs R! Great news. How are you feeling? How are the others finding the new person? smile thanks

Just you now BFG! Is all still baking nicely?

I've finally bought some washable fanjo pads for myself. Hopefully these won't bring me out in a reaction blush

NappyHappy Fri 01-Mar-13 21:38:52

Ariela, Its like that up here to with the hot drinks (apart from the non Sure Start groups). Can Bold be used on sensitive skin?

PurplePidjin Sat 02-Mar-13 02:03:55

That combo did about 6 hours hmm I've just fed him for 40 mins then changed nappy (cotton stretchy with small mf on inside, I'm hoping the mf will draw the wet away quicker than bamboo) so hoping he'll go down soon. He's tried twice but woken before transfer!

ValiumQueen Sat 02-Mar-13 05:31:44

Not caught up but wanted to say hi. I am tired. Miss you. Will be back when the little sod sleeps!

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Sat 02-Mar-13 10:17:47

Hi VQ! Been wondering how you were, hope the kids are all ok.

PurplePidjin Sat 02-Mar-13 10:36:04

Soakers lanolised. Might go back to basics tonight - prefold, big bamboo booster, then wrap of some kind as i doubt the wool will be dry!

<waves to vq>

LeBFG Sat 02-Mar-13 19:01:18

Waves to all - just got back from the hospital. Had a sneeze birth on Thursday and my little girl, all 3 kilos of her (is that 6 lb 6?) is just perfect. Had to battle our way out of hospital though wink. Congrats and thanks to MrsR - babies are great aren't they? I'll have to wait for a bit before my little duckling fits her prefolds grin.

PurplePidjin Sat 02-Mar-13 19:23:01

Congratulations BFG thanks R was 2.8 aka 6lb3 so she's done great!!

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Sat 02-Mar-13 19:29:06

Wow great news BFG! thanks and brew Hope BFG and MrsR are both enjoying lots of lovely cuddles with the new little (soon to be) fluffy bums!

Ariela Sat 02-Mar-13 22:25:12

Nappy Happy re the Bold, really I think you'll have to try it. Quite often it is the perfumes they put in that irritate as opposed to the actual detergent in it.

I'd suggest ask the manufacturer if they can send you a sample (nothing ventureds nothing gained, if nothing else you may get a voucher) smile

Ariela Sat 02-Mar-13 22:26:11

ps congrats BFG & Mrs R

NappyHappy Sun 03-Mar-13 23:37:28

Bloody hell I don't charge my tablet up for a day and a hit and all this happens!

I was thinking of you VQ yesterday wondering where you were.

Good thinking A, I'll ask them for samples of each scentbgrin

I'm ditching the bucket for a wet bag, then I can just turn it inside out when chucking it n the washer. I've seen some cheap ones on Tiny Nippers. Why I haven't found this site before! Cheap as chips!
Went to Dads today to surprise his for his 60th and the babies fell asleep in the car holding hands it was so cute!

Congrats BFG! that's more fantastic news, finally you get to meet.thanks and a good weight too.

I'm just about to let crap dog out then go to bed, little D is waking up more in the night now so gave him a dream feed half an hour ago to see if that helps. He's started sticking his tongue out too like a cat which is cute.

MrsReiver Mon 04-Mar-13 08:56:10

Congratulations BFG!

DS2 has settled right in, it's like he's always been here. DS1 just adores him - wants to cuddle him constantly and just loves the way DS2 gazes at his face with an expression utter adoration.

We've had to grit our teeth and battle through the early days of breastfeeding but I think we're past the worst.

PurplePidjin Mon 04-Mar-13 18:57:24

Wool tonight...

NappyHappy Mon 04-Mar-13 20:13:03

Ooh, you'll have to let us know how that works out. The 6 hours you got was great going! How did you lanolise them? Is it real wool or the acrylic stuff?

Ds2 is fleeced up and ds3 in a pop in with night booster and ME wrap. Wash day tomorrow.

One last Post Office run too tomorrow thank fook. Just got 3 crunchy Ittis to sell, they're still usable and have loads of snap ins for them.

We've all got our babies now, wow. grin

PurplePidjin Mon 04-Mar-13 22:31:07

Real woolly wool hippy i mixed lansinoh with baby wash and squirted! Well, he's not wet outside his sleeping bag yet, and feeding fine. Been in it since 6...

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Tue 05-Mar-13 09:30:25

How was the wool Pidj? Did you make it yourself?

Dd back to her terrible sleeping ways - I am wrecked - and very grumpy that we are going to in laws on Sunday! Erm Mother's Day... I had better get breakfast in bed before we go grin

Dd off her food - did a mega newborn style poo in her night nappy yesterday morning. No paper liner - rubber gloves on, scrubbing it down the loo before it even had breakfast! It was grim! Luckily I could chuck it straight in the machine and its come up lovely but still... Bleurgh...

PurplePidjin Tue 05-Mar-13 12:57:10

Nah, passed on from a friend. Still did a change in the night but that was an unboosted lollipop. Dp organised that one due to grumpy gripey baby doing a poo an hour before bedtime - i wasn't going to put a day nappy on only to change it for bed blush

PurplePidjin Tue 05-Mar-13 18:46:48

Pidj's Adventures In Night Nappying #106

Bamboozle, hemp doubled at the business end, wool soaker.

Clever dp put the other soaker in with the nappies despite at least two conversations about whether we like the idea of unwashed wool before we started hmm

NappyHappy Tue 05-Mar-13 20:12:00

If its any help Biscuit ds2 is still a shite sleeper at 17m. Is she OK in herself? How old is she now? I thought we'd be over all the nightly screaming but no. Watching cartoons at 3am is not fun. So glad baby wakes at the same times each night so I know when to try and get ds2 back in bed! Thank god for Max Factor to hide my baggy eyes! What timid do you need to be up in the mornings?

That's great PP re the wool, they are most certainly adventures in night nappying! Wonder if it would help if you felted the wool too, or is it better being knitted so the moisture escapes? Do you think hemp is better than bamboo?

NappyHappy Tue 05-Mar-13 21:55:29

My message got lost! Bollards.

How old is DD now Biscuit? Ds2 still wakes up crying then screaming for about 2 hours at a time each night. I feel your pain. Does she seem OK in herself? What time do you have to be up for in the morning? Hopefully tonight will be a better night for you both.

Blardy 'ell PP I hope it works tonight for you! smile how often are you meant to lanolise?

I was in the bath the other night when I heard a very loud fart coming from our room. I thought it was DH he said it was DS3. There is no way a 6 month old baby made a noise that loud.

rrreow Wed 06-Mar-13 11:47:01

Soooooo it's been about 10 years since I got my hair dyed, but I got some highlights done yesterday and it smelled just like the nappy bin grin

Babies sleeping through the night is such a myth. DS has only JUST started showing that it is even remotely possible. He sleeps through about 1 in 10 nights and he's 22mo.

LeBFG Wed 06-Mar-13 12:56:25

OK, OK I need a help sheet. I think I get wool/fleece shorties/longies thing and how they work....BUT, can you just buy some woolly tights/trousers and stick them on? Do they need lanolising (great idea for using up the Lansinoh stuff PP) - or washing first? Or tumbledrying first? I made fleece from raw sheep's fleece once - it took ages rubbing the wool with soap to create that waterproof fleece effect. Is that what could be done first?

This thread is not accepting new messages.