This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nappy Chat #2 - from Teenies to Tuttos and all in between!

(1000 Posts)
PurplePidjin Mon 26-Nov-12 12:16:46

We're running out of room shock

LeBFG Sun 17-Feb-13 12:29:43

Go for the biggest they will fit in is my advice after buying a lot of LL size 2 about 6 months too late. They only lasted a short while before DS was getting sore legs and builder's bum hmm.

NappyHappy Mon 18-Feb-13 15:53:53

Nah, she eats worse things than that! I'm loving the Bimbles for night time just got to get used to using Nippas, they look super cute on too. Got a Wee Notions for a tenner! It has a skull on the back with Carpe Diem underneath. Very me.

I've sold all but one of the items off EBay so shall be doing 2 PO trips this week! I've paid off some of my CC with the money.

Do I see nappy weather outside?

PurplePidjin Mon 18-Feb-13 16:11:14

Mine are. Out grin

My fleece soaker is awesome and i won a tb fleece wrap too, huzzah!

PurplePidjin Mon 18-Feb-13 20:18:14

30 minutes till my CintheHat pretty finishes. It's nearly at my absolute limit, bet i get sniped sad

PurplePidjin Tue 19-Feb-13 02:28:15

I won grin

NappyHappy Tue 19-Feb-13 12:08:10

Excellent, hoping it arrives soon! My WN bargain has just been shipped. Check us bargain hunters out.

Got ds1's little mate round again as his parents are moving house. My goodness my boy is a bossy little Herbert! So they are on the Wii playing fishing whilst sat having a picnic in the campsite they have made!

DS2 has been waking up through hunger not teeth! The greedy little Mr eats for bloody England! Weetabix before bed I think. He has 10oz of full fat before bed and another 7 or so when he wakes.
Any one else got any cool bargains lately?

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Tue 19-Feb-13 13:29:32

Yay for eBay bargain, Pidj I was onthere last night and saw yours, it's so cute but I restrained myself from bidding grin I put a 99p bid in for 3 wonderoos which I think are a kind of btp version of real Easies - made by the same people anyway. Wouldn't mind spending a couple of quid to find out.

NH love the thought of the boys playing in their fort, aaahh bless, can't wait til DD is big enoughfor that kind of thing, my brother & sister and I were always dressing up and making dens... <nostalgic>

rrreow I think your DS would prob be ok in a large real easy, my 30lb DD is on the second or third leg snap (inherited my thighs I fear, poor thing) but usually tightest waist setting. As BFG says you'd get longer out of them anyway.

If I dry my stretchies on the radiator will it kill the elastic??

PurplePidjin Tue 19-Feb-13 13:39:00

I'm nearly organised for an Alternative Parenting Group at the children's centre grin coffee and biscuits and talking about slings, nappies, placenta encapsulation etc. Just need confirmation from the higher-ups then we're good to go!

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Tue 19-Feb-13 15:40:38

Good for you - but isn't it so frustrating that cloth nappies, slings etc are seen as 'alternative' - grrr....Roll on the day that cloth nappies are the norm like they used to be.

PurplePidjin Tue 19-Feb-13 17:18:55

There are politics involved meaning i can't call it a sling meet (I'm on a border between two consultants one of whom appears to be 12 ), but don't want to do purely a nappycino because it's the slings I'm most asked about. Loads of people have them but aren't confident. So it's "alternative" in that it branches out from sposies and buggies.

Hv shockingly cos she's normally shit is going to spread the word antenatally because it means I'm doing her job for her probably as are the bf midwives i see at group grin

NappyHappy Tue 19-Feb-13 23:35:00

That sounds so lentil weavery. Its the norm! My gawd. Sounds like you're teaching them PP!! Did you find fleece sleep suits?

The boys did nothing but bicker ALL DAY I could've screamed then the little mate drew all over the dining chairs with crayon!

I loved dens and I want a tree house. You have converted me to Bumbles Biscuit, I'm liking them, cheap too from the Nappy Lady.

Sold some EasyFits and some other bits. So I bought fleece liners and a monkey print pretty. angry Then the rest again straight off the cc.

Here's hoping we all sleep!

PurplePidjin Wed 20-Feb-13 16:24:09

I'm learning and preaching spreading the luuuuuuuuuuuuurve wink

Fleece wrap and bamboo boosters arrived today, rosie boo hopefully tomorrow or friday grin

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Wed 20-Feb-13 18:37:16

Just won a strawberries print monkey foot wet bag that I really don't need for 7.40 on eBay, I do like a bargain... Glad you like the Bumbles NH I'm so pleased to have spread the love - they just work really well I think. I like the fleece lining as we have hard water here, everything gets crunchy but it stays soft. Virtually nothing in DD's nappy last night so not bothering with extra booster tonight - is she toilet training herself?!

PurplePidjin Wed 20-Feb-13 20:26:20

Apparently a little squidge of hair conditioner in the wash keeps them soft. I plan to try it on my night nappies and his bath towel, all a little rough pfb madness

NappyHappy Thu 21-Feb-13 10:32:58

That sounds interesting about the conditioner. fluff needs to be soft on their peachy bums. Where did you hear that?

Another Post Office run today and one last one tomorrow. Thank chuff.

PurplePidjin Thu 21-Feb-13 10:52:08

Had coffee with the owner of www.nappybliss.co.uk yesterday, she runs the local library too and is going to help me set up my little group grin

Well as you may know from facebook I have been eating chocolate pudding involved in organising a nappucino which is on tuesday grin I am super excited! Squish got her cast off this week and now has her boots-on-bar, not going too well so far as she has bruises on her foot from the op so the boots are not comfy but we have to persevere of course! At least we no longer have poo stained casts though! I am clearing out a heap of stuff from our house and giving it all away so the house at the moment is chaos with stuff everywhere waiting to be collected, but I will have so much space once it's all gone smile I need to do a strip but have't got the time to do it right now, anyone know of a way to do it that I won't have to be watching the machine all day? I am sooo busy, I have only done the school pick up once this week which is totally unheard of. I managed to get a petite travel cot for half price for squish as her bar doesn't fit in the moses, It's only slightly longer than the moses but a good bit wider so she has the room that she needs.

Ariela Fri 22-Feb-13 00:39:57

Not sure quite how hair conditioner would work, as largely it binds to the keratin on the hair to make a glossy surface that also repels water. So either would or wouldn't bind, and if it did would provide a surface that repels water. I would think a clay based 2 in 1 powder eg Bold would work best, clay being absorbent

Ariela Fri 22-Feb-13 00:41:27

Also you don't IMO need to strip, if anything just rub a drop of washing up liquid on the surface of the fleece prior to washing. One drop usually does the trick.

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Fri 22-Feb-13 18:37:26

Good work Pidj and KFC on the nappucinos and libraries! We are becoming quite evangelical grin I am hoping to meet someone from Real Nappies For London next week to talk about a library, I'm itching to get going but have to wait. Would be silly to do anything now before I find out what funding or support I can get from them hopefully some money to go on a nappy buying spree

KFC your poor little girl, it doesn't sound comfortable, does she have to have boots on all the time? And they're fixd to a bar? Bless her. Hope you are all ok. The amount of stuff you have on the go, I have to have a lie down just thinking about it...

Pidj wouldnt just normal fabric conditioner be better? I use it on towels mind and it doesn't seem to make much difference! That's why I like the built in fleece liner on the bumble, the crunchy bit is outside only. You can soften it up by rubbing the crunchy bits against each other too but I'm too lazy to other with that!

Friday at 6.30... Nearly wine o'clock...

PurplePidjin Fri 22-Feb-13 19:06:28

Just passing on what i was told!

My CITH nappy is here, it's luuuuuuuuuuuuurvely grin

NappyHappy Sat 23-Feb-13 11:34:33

I've read alot of people using Bold on fluff. I'm using Persil non bio liquid as bio stuff has made the babies Eczema worse. I tumble the PUL free stuff(the dryer warms downstairs up too) then the PUL stuff goes on the airer.

I cant get people interested in fluff round 'ere. Which is quite sad sad well done you two for spreading the luuuurrrrvve!!

I've sold the last lot of the nappies now and will be taking them on Monday to the PO.

There's been fluffy post here too! WN Monkey PL of course! And I'm swapping some too.

Poor squish sad how long does she need to keep them on for? How old is she now?

I had to run after that at 5.30am (both of our current pita's)angry

PurplePidjin Sat 23-Feb-13 13:02:16

I'm using tesco own brand in titchy quantities but then i don't have teething wee to deal with!

NappyHappy Sat 23-Feb-13 13:19:21

And weaning poop! Eurgggh.

rrreow Tue 26-Feb-13 11:28:24

My eBay cheapies arrived from China and guess what.. the red nappy in the picture turned out to be actually hot pink! (I have DS1 and baby due in June will be DS2..). I don't know if I should raise it with the seller.. I'm not sending it back though, it took over 3 weeks to get here in the first place.

I should probably just use it. I hate the whole pink is for girls, blue is for boys type stuff anyway. It's not like anyone's going to see it under his clothes. Not sure what DH will think though..

In other news, I am loving my Miele!!

BiscuitCrumbsInBed what borough are you in (if you don't mind my asking?)

This thread is not accepting new messages.