Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Nappy Chat #2 - from Teenies to Tuttos and all in between!

(1000 Posts)
PurplePidjin Mon 26-Nov-12 12:16:46

We're running out of room shock

Ach MrsR I mind doing those competitions at school. Oh the embarrassment!! I did love that wee moosie though grin

MrsReiver Fri 25-Jan-13 21:12:20

Ah he loves all that stuff. He didn't win but the usual suspect didn't win either so he isn't too upset grin

I quite enjoyed hearing his poem this year. The Sair Finger was new to me.

Oh that one is great! A poem about a wee boy with a splinter for those who don't know smile This is one of my favourites, it's on the wall at dh's work. He works in a pub grin And I love this one too. There are soooo many good scottish poems from that period. <geek>

Just thought of another one this smile reminds me of my older two.

NappyHappy Sat 26-Jan-13 08:49:27

KFC, my Grandad was Maltese, mmmmm holiday, what's one of those? its been 5 yes since we went on line but even them we were stuck in the cottage all week cos DH was I'll. Again.

Blue, sad at least you gave it a try and now have another addiction!!! grin grin grin

Biscuit, the head bashing is getting worse, I've got video clips if it if you want to see what he does. He only does it in his cot and half awake. Very strange!

Morning all, might go and play outside with the elder 2 on the sledge later. wink

Yeah indeed! Albeit a slightly more expensive one, sttt don't tell DH!

NH I am soooooo excited. We haven't done an abroad holiday together and we've been together since 2002! I realised that up thread I said we were together nearly 14 years- obvis not as then I was only 9/10 grin Nearly 11 years. I went on my own a few times when younger but not since I was about 16. So this will be awesome!!! It's a shame we're not taking dcs but at the same time we get a break which is long awaited so I'm not feeling too guilty smile Mil is the only person I trust implicitly to look after them so I'm sure I'll cope <wibble>

I got a huuuuge bag of dudeybaba boosters in the post yesterday. The postie thought I was daft getting so excited. I'm waiting for some new pockets (small ones grin) too so hopefully they will turn up soon. Dh bought me a LL wetbag as he thinks I'm a bit nuts carrying dirty nappies in plastic bags in my own bag grin Anyway dh is nicking my laptop fir the day to take to work as it will be dead in there today so I will check in later since I dont have a phone grin

ValiumQueen Mon 28-Jan-13 16:59:05

Sooo..... Have I missed anything important about nappies or is it all just chit chat? I can barely keep up with my post natal thread, so have no hope of catching up. I have missed you smile

DS has grown out of his small nappies in the time it took me to get a new washer. The washer is fab btw. The nappies are coming out so much cleaner and drying quicker too.

I am now on a couple of FB pages for selling. Has anyone used them? They seem to fetch a good price, and a bit more reliable than eBay.

Anyone got any new fluff? I am going to get more Alvas with my money from selling.

PurplePidjin Mon 28-Jan-13 17:22:46

Just chitchat. Do you not surf from your phone while feeding? I've got a crapberry PlayBook and keep up with both postnatal freds plus stirring up trouble elsewhere <smug>

Think it was me added you? I got most of my pl stuff in bundles from there, and will be selling a lot on soon when i get organised so in around a decade then

MrsReiver Mon 28-Jan-13 18:07:00

Hey Valium, what FB groups are you on? I've browsed through a couple but not really sure which ones to join.

ValiumQueen Mon 28-Jan-13 19:41:30

PP yes it was you thanks I MN after feeds as my darling is not the best at staying focused. I am also trying to get him used to quick feeds. I MN while he settles, plus in the day I have two other kids to watch, including a 2yo who actively seeks out trouble when I feed.

MRSR ask PP nicely perhaps?

ValiumQueen Mon 28-Jan-13 19:42:42

I have yet to have an opinion on the sites as not bought or sold anything yet.

PurplePidjin Mon 28-Jan-13 20:08:38

Cloth Bum Mums is the place for chat, but it might have gone secret now. Happy to add you, just pm me your fb name and I'll fr you smile

Semi-courteous is fine, polite might be a bit suspicious wink

ValiumQueen Mon 28-Jan-13 20:30:55

Loth bum mums have a selling page too.

LeBFG Tue 29-Jan-13 08:50:00

I use the Pre-loved Cloth Nappies FB group and I've bought from sellers. All as advertised. All payal. No trying to make extra on the delivery. Very good experience. FWIW, I won't now buy used wraps. They seem to age quicker than the cloth bits and all the ones I've bought have turned out to be unreliable. THose cheap One Lifes from Nappy Lady are lasting the distance - they are great and so cheap that the new price is just fine to pay.

Alvas are looking fine washed at 60oC. V jealous of your new washing machine VQ wink. I must try and sabotage mine once and for all. Also, know how you feel VQ, the antenatal thread for my month is chockerblock. Also lots of different personalities so I've never bothered posting. The month before is dead as a doormouse weirdly.

NappyHappy Tue 29-Jan-13 19:17:08

Hi all, just checking in. Been busy with ds2 and his 4 teeth that have decided to come through at once and the cough and cold/virus he's got. I had to decrust his nose this morning bless him. Had to put him in the travel cot to stop him bashing his head. I've got a scary video clip of him in action to show the Pead.

Glad to see you're still baking BFG!

Excellent @ new washing machine VQ!

How is DP doing Pidj?

ValiumQueen Tue 29-Jan-13 19:47:57

J is ill again sad we all have flu type germ and he has too. His temp has been far too high. Back in disposables so I can monitor output better. Poor little bugger. Poor me too. Girls ill too.

Washer is awesome though. It has a baby cycle which has a pre rinse, has a steam thingy to kill poo bugs, and extra rinse.

VQ you really have the worst luck eh, here's a (((hug))) just don't tell anyone wink
I am super excited as I have found 20 (yes 20! shock) other fluffers within a 20 mile radius and we are having a nappucino on Saturday!!!! grin
I have also been asked to do some work with Highland Real Nappy Project firstly to organise a Highland wide nappucino next month based in Inverness and also to be a peer supporter! Properly chuffed, I am.

NappyHappy Tue 29-Jan-13 21:24:12

Check you out oh Chief of Inverness Fluff!! excellent! I'm still working on local fluffers. wink

sad VQ, when will it end? Hope you're OK. The kids will be they've got you for a Mum.

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Wed 30-Jan-13 11:09:45

Oh VQ sad poor old J. Hope he's better soon. Good news on the new washer tho! And NH hope the paediatrician can help or at least reassure you that he's ok.

My only fluffy news is that I love those Real Easies thanks for spreading the love Pidj! Only prob is that babykind are out of mediums, DD is just about ok in the large though. They're so much better as an AIO than my MioSolos. Sold 3 MioSolos on CBM Sales FB group for £20 tho so funded the Real Easies. Here's my shameful secret though I have just ordered 3 more Real Easies in small - we've only just started TTC and I'm planning ahead already! Crazy or not?

Also just ordered some bamboozle stretchies from the clearance section of the Tots Bots website, cloth at night has been going really well but I'm hoping they will be less bulky than the boosted Bumbles. Hemp boosters are fab by the way, def more absorbent than the LL bamboo. Pricier though.

KFC good work on spreading the fluffy love! I'd quite like to do something like that in my area bit not sure where to start. Who runs the Highland Real Nappy thing, is it the council or just random fluff lovers?! grin

NappyHappy Wed 30-Jan-13 12:24:48

No way Biscuit, that is great news!! More babies!!!!

PurplePidjin Wed 30-Jan-13 12:30:00

brew for VQ, wish i was closer to do something useful, even posting chocolate paracetomol through the letterbox!

Ooh, Biscuit, how exciting grin

I need to rethink my night nappies. There's too much for the wraps if i boost, but the prefolds are nigh on dripping by morning. He's comfortable enough with the fleece liner, but I'm not sure I'm doing it right if he gets that wet? I'm thinking about making him some flongies, opinions please!

Biscuit it's a sort of charity type thing, I think they may get some council grants but not council run. They give out free newborn nappy buckets with 4 nappies of different types and also hire and sell nappies too. I'm going to try to organise a sling library too, the nearest one is Glasgow. I think really what you need to do is put up a post on cbm or similar as a call out to mums in your area, then suggest a nappucino (weekend probably best) at a local cafe or somesuch. We are going to a brewers fayre as they have a soft play bit and do nice coffee. Even if you only find one or 2 they will know someone who knows someone etc and the group will grow. First though, set up a group on facebook (you can do that by clicking the fb logo when you are signed in and clicking on 'create group') so that you have a page to direct potential fluff groupers to. The HRNP want me to set up the nappucino at the local theatre in one of the conference rooms, so you could also look into that for a meet/buyswapsell. Plenty of hotels will have a room for hire and if you can do a Mum's Market type thing where you can sell baby/childrens' toys, clothes, book, prams, equipment then you can charge on the door say £1 or £2 per adult plus charge for a stall you can cover the cost of the room hire. I bet you'd get heaps of interest for a market (and you'll get to meet people) as the last one held in 'Ness was heaving. You could also ask you hv for contact details for baby/toddler groups in your town and contact them to see if there are any fluffers at the group who would be interested, the hv can also ask the other hvs who will know if there are any other fluff mums about. If you want any help with anything give me a shout, and if you want my fb I will pm you smile

LeBFG Wed 30-Jan-13 14:40:52

What a lot of news! Sorry to hear the illnesses are continuing VQ. Fingers firmly crossed that they die out with the winter. You deserve a break! NH, I hope the paed is able to help in some way. Have you posted in behaviour/development? I post a lot there about silly worries I have and posters have seen most things!

BISCUIT....congrats. I'm secretly jealous. I would love a third (second not even here yet!!). But DH has more-or-less vetoed it <grrr>. You're right, a great excuse to buy some nappies. I have a little purple pair of ALvas ready stuffed for DD <squeak!>. Can't wait.

SOoo interesting about the hemp. I must try some. I checked out the stretchies but the size 2 had sold out angry. Everyone's little projects have set my mind going. A lot of the baby stuff is so expensive here, even online - I buy all of it abroad....hmmm. Does anyone know what stops me buying up clearance stock and selling it on? Or multipacks and selling off individual nappies? Totally clueless me grin.

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Wed 30-Jan-13 15:46:24

Thanks KFC that's v interesting and helpful - stupid question but is a nappycino just a coffee/get together or is it about selling / passing on nappies? And if so where do you get the nappies?

Easy with the congrats please ladies, baby is as yet un-conceived, let alone unborn! grin I had 2 MCs before baby biscuit arrived so am
usually very anti-tempting fate by planning / buying ahead of time. But apparently my mind will make an exception for a nappy bargain...? Now DH and I just have to find the time, energy and inclination... This might take a few years months! wink

This thread is not accepting new messages.