Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Nappy Chat #2 - from Teenies to Tuttos and all in between!

(1000 Posts)
PurplePidjin Mon 26-Nov-12 12:16:46

We're running out of room shock

LeBFG Mon 26-Nov-12 12:25:43

Thanks Pidj, I saw we were running out of space.

I don't think I've come across your posts on other boards....so can't say either way if come across as a bit of a twat grin. I can be a bit argumentative like a good debate grin bit like in real life too. Though I wouldn't mind being outed cos I don't imagine anyone I know would be on MN. I'm no one special so [shrug] no one would care.

PurplePidjin Mon 26-Nov-12 13:01:44

It's only been 2-3 times when i need to vent and someone's being stupid. I'm mostly found being woolly in Arts + Crafts, although i do have a thread in classics under a variant seasonal name <proud>

Notgrownupinmyhead Mon 26-Nov-12 13:23:11

I love reading the arguments on here. Some people are right keyboard warriors. A forum DH goes on has some right spats but they'll not ot themselves (army website so some people did ops that they dont want everyone knowing about).

Love the new fred tittle.

Is the weather as miserable where you lot are as it is here?

LeBFG Mon 26-Nov-12 13:49:07

It's been effing raining here all morning angry.

I think venting on MN is very therapeutic. Sometimes I have a scratch that needs itching and if I happen to fall on a thread that meets the subject, I'll get stuck in grin. I don't get wound up by stupid posts though. But I really don't like supercilious posters (that why I like my fluff friends!).

Notgrownupinmyhead Mon 26-Nov-12 14:28:33

I like reading some of the aibu threads. Some people don't half get wound up about really silly things.

Its been 6-8 wks since fluff was purchased last. Im not getting any festive ones though.

LeBFG Mon 26-Nov-12 14:30:52

What, not even a santa woolly wrap (do they even exit?? you could make one <bright idea, not>)

LeBFG Mon 26-Nov-12 14:31:12

Perhaps a figgy pudding would be better?

Notgrownupinmyhead Mon 26-Nov-12 15:40:14

Ive not seen any yet. I saw a Nightmare Before Xmas nappy but she wanted £27 for it!!

PurplePidjin Mon 26-Nov-12 18:39:17

I have pretties!!!!!

Mate came up trumps with some her ds was too big for, so i have cars and dinosaurs and zoo animals and spots and colours and they're proper soft minky...

gringringringringrin

Notgrownupinmyhead Mon 26-Nov-12 20:37:26

Excellent. When the Child Benefit arrives one shall be purchasing nappies. grin

Ive put a pic up on my fb page of the ones I want. How sad.

Does he look cute in them??

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Mon 26-Nov-12 21:41:03

He's currently in a bamboo booster (doubled at the front), lollipop size 1 and unnamed plain wrap and has an arse the size of a planet!

I think the minky alvas have converted my mum to the fluffy side, if they'd been that cool and cute when i was tiny i wouldn't have been in sposies.

There's a reindeer hat in need if an antler on my hook ready for Christmas blush

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Mon 26-Nov-12 22:02:59

Thanks for starting the new thread Pidj, glad to hear your DS is now in his fluff and v jealous of the new minky ones... I love my bumbles though and will not be seduced away into the world of alva minkies unless i see a really cute christmas one and I am loving my giraffe and monkey blueberry wraps, DD looks so cute in them and can say 'monkey pants' ! poor thing has a really red bum today, teething always has this effect but she cried so much having her nappy changed and in the bath that I cried too sad think it's time for a glass of wine - only just got her off to sleep.

Hi to BFG Notgrownup and VQ too!

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Tue 27-Nov-12 00:03:46

envywine

Notgrownupinmyhead Tue 27-Nov-12 10:42:20

Wine? Whats that?

Hi Biscuit, I read on another fred that egg white is good for sore bums! Who discovered that?

Ive just been projectile vommed on by new boy. Which was nice. And now number2 is hitting my foot with the remote.

LeBFG Tue 27-Nov-12 11:13:11

Oh yes, continual puking - forgot that lovely baby treat.

Egg white? Does it really work? <interested> Do you mix it with water - how do it work?

Notgrownupinmyhead Tue 27-Nov-12 11:42:09

I dont know Bfg, Ill Google it, It certainly sounds interesting, probably just raw so it dries and forms a film. Iirc it said it was used in neo-natal units. Ill find the thread and copy the paragraph.

I need the carpets cleaning. He's ten weeks so thought It'd calmed down by now but its only once a week so its not too bad.

LeBFG Tue 27-Nov-12 11:45:38

I still find the odd white-ish mark on the floorboards of dried in milk puke blush...amazing how much they bring up. I remember he was still doing it at around 5/6 months. I used to get upset at all my wasted milk grin.

Notgrownupinmyhead Tue 27-Nov-12 11:50:26

Found it!!

I think you are best with egg white.

I tried everything before this and all it did was complicate the skin.

You get a raw egg, whisk it up or just apply the white as is, to the area...after cleaning with cooled boiled water with a bit of salt in it, first. Once clean, apply egg white.

Nappy off as much as humanly possible - if young baby, put on a few towels! If mobile, more tricky

Seriously, it forms a false skin to help healing underneath. Worked so quickly on ds2, when his little bottom was bleeding.

Avoid the chemical stuff as it will sting.

Notgrownupinmyhead Tue 27-Nov-12 11:52:43

It goes with what you said about the guts not being mature too.

I know of 2 people who have weaned before 4m. Whats wrong with more milk?! Have they not heard of 'this too shall pass' ? I couldn't believe it.

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Tue 27-Nov-12 13:51:08

Oops blush

Went to bfing thing this morning, ended up showing 2 people how to use a stretchy and teaching the trainee mw about the different types of cloth nappy. I'm the first fluffy bummer she's met, might be the only one in the villAge at this rate!

I shouldn't be let out in public and should have made sure he was in something cuter than a pale blue alva

blush

LeBFG Tue 27-Nov-12 13:58:53

PurplePidjIStheFLUFFMessiah

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Tue 27-Nov-12 15:05:55

grin

Notgrownupinmyhead Tue 27-Nov-12 15:33:21

Ha ha thats ace.

Im the only fluffy mum on the whole estate. grin

You are the only fluffer in the village!

Are there many fluffers in France?

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Tue 27-Nov-12 15:43:27

Who's in France? I'm near the Isle of Wight but that's not really abroad despite the ferry confused

This thread is not accepting new messages.