This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Paper Liners - They are huge!

(12 Posts)
VikingLady Fri 16-Nov-12 21:52:05

I stocked up with loads of reusable nappies (mainly Cushies, but a few others too) before DD was born, and never used them. I'm looking at using them now - mainly for financial reasons! - and the paper liners are huge!

It says on the packet not to fold the liners, but what do you do with them? If I use a whole liner it will hang out of the sides as they are 22cm across - that would be too wide for me, let alone an 8m baby! Do I cut them to size or have them hanging out of the sides?

Am doing my nut over this. I have searched previous questions but can't find anything about this.

It's probably a really stupid question........ But thank you in advance for all your help!

Kelbells Fri 16-Nov-12 22:46:30

I've not used them but a friend tucks them in between the nappy and wrap rather than cutting them... I suppose you have to be using a two part system to do that!

Personally I prefer a fleece liner, they're cheap - I cut my own from an old throw so they fit my nappies perfectly and act as a stay dry layer between my DS and the nappy. I don't think paper liners do that as effectively but may be corrected?!

Kelbells Fri 16-Nov-12 22:47:47

Ps... I think a lot of people cut them! Seems like a lot of work to me, I like to keep my cloth simple!

JellyMould Fri 16-Nov-12 23:20:49

The tots bots Liners are the best size IMO. Other liners I've cut in half or thirds. No idea why they make them so big.

VikingLady Sat 17-Nov-12 10:36:13

As I suspected. Hmm. I have a few fleece liners too, so will cut the paper liners for as long as I can until I get too bored then try the fleece and see if they are any harder/Yuckier! Of course they need trimming too.... But only once! Thank you.

WantAnOrange Mon 19-Nov-12 16:29:23

I've wondered why they make them so big too! How big do they think a babies bum is?

Eskarina Sun 25-Nov-12 18:55:07

Fwiw I use the bambino liners and they are similarly huge inside dd's flips. I fold them (much quicker than cutting) and have never had a problem. Hth

swampster Sun 25-Nov-12 20:12:34

Totsbots spunlace liners are just the right size.

rrreow Mon 03-Dec-12 14:18:33

Cut in half for small babies (also I'd say with a young EBF baby you could even forego the liner, DS's poo at that point wouldn't have been solid enough to actually be 'caught' by the liner anyway). For bigger babies (1y+ or so) I'd just tuck in the sides.

There are liner brands that do different sizes. We used to have narrower/shorter ones until they no longer caught the poo adequately and then moved up to a bigger size.

Saritabean Wed 05-Dec-12 14:43:45

How funny, was just thinking exactly the same as I was trying to sort mine out!!! Then I worked out that it kind of did fit in just inside the elastic if I kept it flat, then it covers the whole area and curls up inside the elastic. Will find out if it works when I change DDs nappy next!

nickelbabylyinginamanger Fri 07-Dec-12 16:16:21

we folded ours when we used paper liners.

it makes no difference.

Saritabean Sun 09-Dec-12 19:50:43

Just incase anyone still interested, I have worked out how to use the liners in my totsbots easyfit AIOs.... If you stretch them out with the flat of your palm and outstretched fingers, they actually do cover the whole inner surface of the nappy into the elastic, without needig folding (except perhaps in length) making sure they do catch nearly all the poo. Success!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now