Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Please help - new to this and nappies are leaking at every wear!

(3 Posts)

The wee coming out the legs is called 'wicking' - make sure that the nappy is tucked in around the legs, this should help.

Also, I've found that nappies with separate wraps much much better, and I'm actually in the middle of changing my stash to get rid of pockets and all-in-ones. I only use Bumgenius Flip now, they're so good.

Also, they might be the wrong size. Any nappy will leak round the leg if it's too big or too small.

lazydog Mon 12-Nov-12 00:56:19

I never found an all in one type or stuffable type nappy that would last a decent amount of time on either of my two boys. This is going back a bit (my youngest is 9.5 now!) but we had great success with the type of Totsbots that require a separate PUL wrap and we used Motherease brand wraps, as the Totsbots own ones always seemed to wick at the legs.

Hopefully someone who's kids haven't been out of nappies for the last 7 years will be along to give some more up to date recommendations grin

Pleasesleep Sun 11-Nov-12 22:44:28

Have bought a few different types of nappy to try with DS who is 4 months. They all leak. At every single wear. I prewashed them and wash them correctly with no fabric softner and just a tiny bit of washing powder. Have a tots bots easy fit which seems to be the best - it doesn't leak for about 2 hours. Also the itti bitti's don't seem to leak too badly. Have a ones&twos one which leaks on the first wee.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or is this what reusable nappies are like? I just can't imagine how often I'll have to change him at 18 months if I have to change him every 2 hours at 4 months!

Most of the time the nappies aren't even sodden - they are dry at the back but have leaked at the legs.

Please help! Any advice would be very very welcome...

Thanks in advance..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now