This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What are minky bamboo pocket nappies like, then??

(7 Posts)
fudge74 Wed 14-Nov-12 17:21:12

And finally, I have found that the bamboo minky ones from the second link above are quite a bit larger than their normal pocket and normal minky nappies, and they have three poppers not two. They fit better, (I can compare, as I have some of their regular ones too), and will give me a bit more use, hopefully.
Would recommend to anyone else wondering what to get!

fudge74 Wed 14-Nov-12 17:16:29

Oh and hey valium I've got a few coming from china as well! I wish they did not take so long to arrive!

fudge74 Wed 14-Nov-12 13:57:01

So I got one to try and I love it - it is so soft and cuddly! The inside layer is a bamboo fabric rather than fleece, but works the same. They take a little longer to dry as they are fluffy on the outside, but still dry within 24 hrs on the ceiling airer. I've also bought some bamboo inserts, which are also good, and slimmer than the microfibre ones.
Have now ordered 5 more....grin

Pomtastic Sat 10-Nov-12 22:14:05

I have 5 or 6 minkies from the second link. They were 2nd hand & are my favourites blush We've also got a few nappies in several other brands - little lambs, tots bots fluffles, green baby organic, motherease, lollipop bamboo, one life, imse vimse, junior joy prefolds etc. The ebay ones rank higher than all those for me & dry in hours on the radiator (or overnight on an airer).

Just tried the new minky real easy nappy, they're the only one to trump the ebay cheapies for me so far - like a posh version of them!

ValiumQueen Sat 10-Nov-12 12:12:03

I would say get one to try. I like the Alva nappies, and I got one to try initially. I now have 4 and 3 on order.

DoingTheSwanThing Sat 10-Nov-12 00:06:28

I have a few of the velcro dudeybaba ones - they work well, nice fit so far but my babies are 3 months so not really had the test of time. They do look surprising bulky for the thickness of insert.

I too was confused about the bamboo inner - they're fleece inside so I presume it's just clumsy wording, I had a hunt around inside and couldn't find any!

Inserts are good quality (think 3 layers) and using 2 last a good few hours on the champion wee-er. Annoyingly though they're too long for the nappy poppered down so some folding involved. The first one I bought to try wasn't like that.

Cheap as chips anyhow, no harm in giving one a go.

I also got a few of the microfibre popper pockets from the other seller you've linked, didn't like these ones for fit and terrible wing droop but the minky ones may well be different

fudge74 Thu 01-Nov-12 20:37:32

Hi guys - I've been looking at this type of nappy, see here or here
I am a veteran fluff user, and have never used this type before, but am tempted. I love normal pocket nappies, but the description of these says that the inner layer is bamboo, not fleece. Has anyone tried them? Are they any different to normal fleece lined pocket nappies?? Does the inner layer still keep baby's bum dry???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now