This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Disposable nappies leaking, help!

(7 Posts)
CJPR Mon 29-Oct-12 18:26:52

I have a different problem in that during the day any nappy is fine, but at night my LO sleeps with her knees tucked under her tummy and when she wees it leaks out of the top no matter how tight I put the nappy on. I have tried all brands and as she is on the cusp of size 4 I'm trying those but nothing is working! It's making for even more disturbed nights as she wakes up screaming. Is this normal? And has anyone got any tips?

LeBoob Mon 29-Oct-12 16:33:58

We switched to pampers (new baby then active fit) and were now using reusables with pampers at night

louisdog Mon 29-Oct-12 15:18:38

Thanks I will try Pampers. DD does have a big tum and is very wriggly so maybe that's contributing to the problem.

mum23girlys Mon 29-Oct-12 15:05:33

I would go for pampers and try going up another size. As long as you do them up tight enough the leg holes should be fine. Don't think I've ever had a huggies nappy that hasn't leaked. They just don't stretch the same. Even Aldi ones are better. I've always had to go up a size for dd3 as she's always had a big tummy and been very wriggly

louisdog Mon 29-Oct-12 15:04:34

What brand did you switch to, LeBoob?

It's so frustrating isn't it, how can they leak so consistently!

LeBoob Mon 29-Oct-12 15:03:20

There's your problem there, your using huggies!

Every single nappy we used leaked for 2 weeks before I switched!

still bitter

louisdog Mon 29-Oct-12 15:01:34

I use Huggies newborn size 3 on my 14lb 3 month old daughter and they leak all the time, wee or poo, around the legs or up the back. Argh!

I have tried other brands such as Pampers and Boots, Asda etc and they don't seem any better.

Am I doing something wrong? I make sure to pull the inner elastic bit outwards around the legs which helps a bit. I only recently changed up to the size 3 and that helped a bit, especially with night capacity but still getting lots of leaks in the day. I feel like I must not be putting them on right or something. The size 3s seem very tall, like they reach high up above her waist, and quite narrow, like the tabs barely reach the front of the nappy rather than having huge overlap.

Maybe I need to go up another size. But then the leg holes would be huge surely. :confused:

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now