This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Fuzzi bunz

(7 Posts)
Cies Thu 18-Oct-12 09:24:01

I used 2 parter nappies on my ds (mostly totsbots and motherease) and was happy with them.

Now I'm expecting dc 2, a friend has given me 8 brand new fuzzi bunz that she had bought with great intentions for her dd but never used.

Obviously with only 8 I'll be using the two parters as well, but wanted some advice on how to care for the fuzzi bunz. Can I wash them all together? I used to wash my two parters at 60C, but the label on the fuzzi bunz says 35C, which seems very low to me...

Also, any other tips? Should I pre-wash them?

ValiumQueen Thu 18-Oct-12 12:35:40

Fuzzis are great. What inserts have you got? Just one pre wash is enough. I wash all my nappies at 40. I am pretty sure they would be ok on 60, but I feel it is unnecessary. They are best for daytime, and use the two partners for nights and longer trips. They may well become your nappy if choice. I love mine, and after being pre-loved 6 years ago are still going strong. They dry really quickly. Do not use an additional liner, or they may leak. Enjoy!

ValiumQueen Thu 18-Oct-12 12:37:01

Wash all nappies together. Colours have never run for me. I have never tumble dried them as no need.

Cies Thu 18-Oct-12 14:41:37

Don't know what the inserts are, they seem to have a very soft outer edge- could be cotton or polyester. They're probably whatever came as standard with the small fuzzi bunz four years ago (when my friend bought them).

ValiumQueen Thu 18-Oct-12 15:07:35

Probably microfibre. They have good absorbency and dry quickly. Fuzzis sell well on eBay too so you have done well.

Cies Thu 18-Oct-12 19:05:43

Thanks for your help smile

ValiumQueen Thu 18-Oct-12 19:23:34

Any time. Do join is on the general nappy chat thread if you want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now