This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

slim fitting non bulky reusables

(11 Posts)
elliejjtiny Wed 17-Oct-12 13:26:57

I've used cloth nappies on and off since DS1 (now 6) was 8 months old although switched to disposables a few times and then back again. Now DS3 (aged 21 months weighing 9.5kg) is my only one still wearing nappies. He is wearing the tots bots bamboo nappies with motherease airflow wraps that I bought for DS1. DS1 was quite skinny and a very heavy wetter and DS3 is chunkier and wees less. Can anyone recommend a less bulky nappy for me to try as I'm struggling to get his trousers over his cloth bum and he is short so next size up not really an option. I used to be very familiar with all the different brands but there are so many more nappies around now. Nothing that only comes in white though please, I like nappies in different colours [shallow emoticon].

WeeLors Wed 17-Oct-12 17:16:26

I'm not 100% sure what the slimmest nappies are because I've not been using them long but I think AIOs like TotsBots Easyfits or Close Pop-ins are quite slim fitting. Or even pocket nappies like BumGenius. Just depends whether you want to stick to fitted and wraps or are happy to try other types cos I think on the whole fitted nappies with wraps are the bulkiest.

HTH

ValiumQueen Thu 18-Oct-12 12:43:46

Try an Alva nappy, pocket and about £4 from eBay, including delivery. Lots of funky designs, like giraffe, tiger, cow. I have used the seller best cloth diapers. From china, and take a while, but that would be my first recommendation as cheapest and does the trick. You can boost with a bamboo booster if you need more absorbency, and they are still slim fitting. DD2 is 2.5 and about 13kg and still room for her. They can be poppa'd down too if needed. I find the poppas are better with an older child.

melnich Thu 18-Oct-12 12:50:26

I use Fuzzi Bunz, which you'll probably know of as I bought my original stash for DS1 (also now6). It's a pocket nappy so may not suit you if you're used to using two-parters but it's really easy to use, and comes in loads of bright colours. There are lots of similar nappies to these out now so I also have a few Charlie Bananas in my collection. My little ones are both quite chunky so I found pocket nappies looked a bit better and fitted under trousers better than other types of nappies.
I bought mine from Baby Kind who offer a trial service; you can get 70% of the cost back when you return a nappy to them if you try it and don't get on with it.

We loved Itti Bittis (had the snap ins with DD). She sometimes fitted in the right size trousers or only one size bigger. We had to use more substantial nappies for nighttime though smile

RandomMess Fri 19-Oct-12 20:00:12

I used wambamboo / bambeasy and they were so so slim fitting.

Bamboo is the most absorbant so something in that I should think - do easy peasy do a bamboo version?

RandomMess Fri 19-Oct-12 20:02:00
LeBFG Mon 22-Oct-12 10:20:32

I find the Wizard Duo's are the slimmest. THey are two parters but the inner (insert) snap into the wrap so you don't get bulk around the waist. Motherease make them so the special wraps are very good. The inserts are made of a special material to trap pee. And you can buy the bulkier inserts for overnight. Only problem is price smile. You can get them on nappy lady.

I came on to recommend Itti Bitti snap in ones, like Purple. The absorbent bit just goes down the middle, so there's no bulk at all on the hips. I used these for dd1, who is very petite. Dd2 has nearly grown into them now, at 3 months, as she's a little bigger (we have size mediums).

elliejjtiny Tue 23-Oct-12 17:48:24

Thankyou everyone. I have bought a fuzzi bunz and an itti bitti and I will see how we get on with those.

lolajane2009 Fri 26-Oct-12 11:39:38

my slimmest are g nappies tbh but not too absorbant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now