This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Newborn nappies constantly leaking - tips?

(10 Posts)
schmalex Thu 25-Oct-12 08:36:12

I'm with CheungFun and recommend Asda Little Angels.

I had this with my DS and it improved when his thighs got a bit chubbier!

Fairylea Thu 25-Oct-12 08:31:15

Ds was in size 2 at the end of the first week when he was about 9lbs.

I always go up a size earlier than the weight banding as they don't leak so much and aren't so tight round the middle.

He's now 4 months and in size 4+ !

Tchaikovsky Thu 25-Oct-12 08:28:38

I found that all disposable nappies leak, and I don't actually end up with much more washing now I'm using washables, as they rarely leak, so I don't have nearly as many clothes and sheets to wash.

CheungFun Tue 16-Oct-12 10:09:00

I tried Asda own brand nappies when DS kept leaking as they seem a bit bigger than Huggies/Pampers and they leaked much less often, might be worth a try.

Ds Started leaking out of number 1 nappies within his first week (9lb at birth). Hes been in size 2s since (now 3 weeks). Also, what brand are you using? My dd was a long skinny thing and she'd leak like mad out of huggies. Pampers and tescos have been best for her. Ds leaks out of huggies too, and he's more of a short chunky thing!

Iggly Tue 16-Oct-12 09:22:30

Is his willy pointing down? If not, more likely to leak.

JimbosJetSet Tue 16-Oct-12 09:21:08

He is 9lb... The size 1 nappies seem massive on him still but I'll try a size 2 then thank you smile

greensnail Tue 16-Oct-12 08:59:11

You could try using a wrap for a washable nappy over the top of the disposable, that should stop anything leaking out.

nancerama Tue 16-Oct-12 08:55:59

What's his weight? Have you checked that he doesn't need to go up to the next size? It sounds mental, but sometimes going up a size helps. Leaks don't usually happen because of gaps, but because there isn't enough absorbent stuff. Bigger nappies = more stuff!

JimbosJetSet Tue 16-Oct-12 08:53:40

DS is 10 days old and nearly every time he wakes up in the night (about every 3 hours) his nappy has leaked onto his clothes and bedding (with urine). He is quite a skinny little sausage and I think the nappies tend to leak around the legs. I have tried size 1s Pampers, Huggies and Boots own, the same thing happens.

What amI doing wrong? Any tips? I didn't have this problem with DD!

Thank you...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now